Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Arrest attempt on risky suspect turns deadly - Yahoo! News

:( Sadly the
    smiley-talk034.gif
    BG killed 1 federal marshal and wonded 2 before finally getting gunned down! The article does not go into detail if BG had a rifle/handgun/shotgun. BG got a head shot to one of the marshalls (he died 12 hours later), ankle shot to another and face grace to St. Louis PD.

What gets me is that the BG was in prison 2 times BEFORE with 10 yr senetence for each time and yet did less than 1 year each time!!! :xmad:

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    it seems that politicians and such care more about the rights of felons than they do the the law abiding citizens i long for the days when prisoners werent living better lives than our elderly
    plus illinois is repealing the death penalty what a cesspool chicago is i feel sorry for the rest of the state.

semper fi :patriot:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I was watching Hard Times on some cable channel last night. About being in Federal prison somewhere in Ohio.

Basically, everyone in there should/could be executed and no one would miss them. Pretty much every one was scum of the earth. None of them have no business getting out.

IMHO.

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    Ive often thought "Ya know I'd donate a bullet or two for some of those guys on death row" Ah firing squads the good ol days! Nope instead we taxpayers just keep em around.

ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Why can't we properly prosecute these leaches on society. I swear good people losing their lives and leaving families behind when it can be avoided is ridiculous. Beurocracy will be the end of us I'm afraid.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There is little deterrent left in this country. The justice system has gotten to the point where the risk is easily justified by the reward because the risk (jail/prison) provides more luxuries than most repeat offenders enjoy on the outside.

We are rewarding criminals with quality meals, a bed, clothing, entertainment and wide open access to file lawsuits against anyone who looks at them wrong at no cost.

Start taking those away and you just might see a reduction in crime.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Revolving door justice. It is a major problem in this country. A small percentage of people commit the majority of the crimes. One good thing is all the felons have to submit their DNA. We now have small DNA swabs in all cars. As a result we are getting a fair amount of repeat offenders but they don't get any real time it seems.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I was watching Hard Times on some cable channel last night. About being in Federal prison somewhere in Ohio.

Basically, everyone in there should/could be executed and no one would miss them. Pretty much every one was scum of the earth. None of them have no business getting out.

IMHO.
    Who made you judge, jury, and executioner?

What if it was you that was in there for a crime you didn't do because of some evidence that just happened to make you a suspect, then some old lady that can't see straight said you were the one that did it, and testified in court?

It has happened before, and it will happen again. Innocent people will be sent to prison. They deserve their fair chance to appeal and gain their freedom back. And I'm sure there are lots of people that would miss them.

:twocents:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Who made you judge, jury, and executioner?

What if it was you that was in there for a crime you didn't do because of some evidence that just happened to make you a suspect, then some old lady that can't see straight said you were the one that did it, and testified in court?

It has happened before, and it will happen again. Innocent people will be sent to prison. They deserve their fair chance to appeal and gain their freedom back. And I'm sure there are lots of people that would miss them.

:twocents:
    Sounds like "My Cousin Vinny". In reality, criminals are getting off because of overcrowded jail and justice systems. A lot of small time criminals don't even get held in jail. The chances of getting caught in the first place are on the side of the criminal.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    There is little deterrent left in this country. The justice system has gotten to the point where the risk is easily justified by the reward because the risk (jail/prison) provides more luxuries than most repeat offenders enjoy on the outside.

We are rewarding criminals with quality meals, a bed, clothing, entertainment and wide open access to file lawsuits against anyone who looks at them wrong at no cost.

Start taking those away and you just might see a reduction in crime.

Perfect example is the Sheriff in Maricopa County AZ, who is vilified for doing exactly that!!! Putting them in Tents and making them wear Pink... For me, we could use a few more People like that willing to take the media heat in order to do their sworn job.

7.62-5.56Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Portland, IN
    criminals that are convicted and go to prison should spend their entire sentence. and not get out on "good behavior" BS theyre in there for a reason. because their not fit to be in society.. i think if youre not fit to be in society they should just throw you in the middle of the desert with half a bottle of water and see if they survive.:twocents:

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Sheriff Joe Arpayo is great! Nice guy too if youre on the right side of the fence but if youre not then do not be in his County thats for sure! My wifes grandparents live in Maricopa county during thefall and winter and come home in the spring and summer. He runs a mean chaingang too!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Sounds like "My Cousin Vinny". In reality, criminals are getting off because of overcrowded jail and justice systems. A lot of small time criminals don't even get held in jail. The chances of getting caught in the first place are on the side of the criminal.
    I know there is a big problem with it, but that doesn't mean the proper solution is to just off them all because not all of them are truly guilty, and they should get their fair chance in the legal system first.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Arrest attempt on risky suspect turns deadly - Yahoo! News

:( Sadly the
    smiley-talk034.gif
    BG killed 1 federal marshal and wonded 2 before finally getting gunned down! The article does not go into detail if BG had a rifle/handgun/shotgun. BG got a head shot to one of the marshalls (he died 12 hours later), ankle shot to another and face grace to St. Louis PD.

What gets me is that the BG was in prison 2 times BEFORE with 10 yr senetence for each time and yet did less than 1 year each time!!! :xmad:

This can't have happened...Fellons aren't allowed to have a gun. It is against the law!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I know there is a big problem with it, but that doesn't mean the proper solution is to just off them all because not all of them are truly guilty, and they should get their fair chance in the legal system first.

Actually, most of the inmates in prison are innocent. If you don't believe me, just ask them. Excuse me if I don't get all upset about the poor folks who have been treated unfairly by the justice system. The system isn't perfect, but the amount of folks who are really innocent is an extremely small number. There are far more perpetrators, as in the OP's post, who should be in prison, but are roaming the streets. My sympathy goes out to the Deputy Marshal and his family. May they find true peace. I am grateful that there are officers, like him, who are willing to go out and risk their lives to help keep our streets just a little safer.

Top Bottom