• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    OK.....so back to my question in another post. WHO exactly has the authority to enforce Army Corps of Engineers regulations on their property? DNR is a state agency. ISP....state. County sheriff sounds like a no go, and forger about local LEO's. I've never seen an MP around except at the entrance to a military base. I doubt that MP's patrol the ACoE property's. WHO exactly it going to arrest you for CC on the Army's property?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    OK.....so back to my question in another post. WHO exactly has the authority to enforce Army Corps of Engineers regulations on their property? DNR is a state agency. ISP....state. County sheriff sounds like a no go, and forger about local LEO's. I've never seen an MP around except at the entrance to a military base. I doubt that MP's patrol the ACoE property's. WHO exactly it going to arrest you for CC on the Army's property?

From the same link posted earlier:
    327.25 Violations of rules and regulations.
    (a) Any person who violates the provisions of the regulations in this part, other than for a failure to pay authorized recreation use fees as separately provided for in §327.23, may be punished by a fine of not more than $5,000 or imprisonment for not more than six months or both and may be tried and sentenced in accordance with the provisions of section 3401 of Title 18,
    United States Code. Persons designated by the District Commander shall have the authority to issue a citation for violation of the regulations in this part, requiring any person charged with the violation to appear before the United States Magistrate within whose jurisdiction the affected water resources development project is located (16 U.S.C. 460d).

And from the IDNR Conservation Officers:
    Can I carry my personal protection while camping or visiting a Indiana State Park?
    Can I carry my personal protection while camping or visiting a Indiana State Park?
    Published 10/20/2010 02:12 PM | Updated 03/20/2012 07:05 AM
    Yes, a person with a valid Indiana carry permit, may possess a handgun in our state parks with two exceptions. It is not allowed at DNR State Parks & Reservoir properties managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (e.g., Mississinewa Reservoir, etc.) or at Falls of the Ohio State Park.

I would guess that the IDNR CO's have been "designated" by the ACoE to enforce their rules, and the IDNR CO's are very much aware of the rules.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008

I can't say now, but back in the day I worked for the Corps at the Salamonie as a college summer job. Then (1970s) the Core had its own LEO-type. I can't remember if they called him a ranger or what, but I am quite certain he was with the Corps and not DNR.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    WTF.... This made my day. Might as well sell my boat. There is no way I would go fishing till dark and use the boat ramp at night without a pistol handy. How is somebody going to break a dam with a pistol?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Good news. What areas are left?

Adding projects managed by the Army Corps of Engineers will not only allow law abiding citizens to protect themselves, but will relieve them from the onerous responsibility of tracking where one federal agency’s land management jurisdiction ends and another begins.*

Another step towards the day when a person that carries a gun will not have to be a lawyer just to be able to exercise his/her rights.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Well, I know there are wild dogs within Huntington Reservoir property (roush) and out at Salamonie. We ran into a couple hiking when I was a kid.

I really hope this passes so that the "dams" and the waterways aren't off limits.

I can understand inside the control area and such, but how the hell is it any of their business if we are camping or hiking?

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Another step towards the day when a person that carries a gun will not have to be a lawyer just to be able to exercise his/her rights.
    IME it's not so much the need to be a lawyer, as it is the need to be a surveyor as even ACoE admits not all property boundaries are clearly marked but some are, with orange paint and/or signage. Ontop of that, ACoE has done a crap job with providing topo-political maps clearly showing where property boundaries are on some properties, and I've had marginally better results with DNR maps and USFS maps. I end up having to keep about a .2-.5mi buffer zone from where the maps show depending on the terrain that I may be hiking on any given day because there is no way to tell a US National Forest tree from an ACoE tree, even though they grow right next to each other.

Top Bottom