• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I bet a dollar to a horse turd that all these feminazi harpies demanding that women be shoehorned into every position possible, damn the consequences, all in the name of "equality" would have been the first ones in the lifeboats as the Titanic was beginning to sink.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I do not think that anyone should be conscripted, ever.

I do not think that because one demographic is enslaved, every demographic should be enslaved.

I do not want my daughter to be conscripted for the sake of punishing feminists or making a political statement.

I think that participating in the military is not a civil right and that the decision of who is or is not allowed should be left to the people whose lives depend upon the performance of the individual next to them.

Just my two cents.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I do not think that anyone should be conscripted, ever.

I do not think that because one demographic is enslaved, every demographic should be enslaved.

I do not want my daughter to be conscripted for the sake of punishing feminists or making a political statement.

I think that participating in the military is not a civil right and that the decision of who is or is not allowed should be left to the people whose lives depend upon the performance of the individual next to them.

Just my two cents.

1. We will never have another draft. Ever. It's just not going to happen. Regardless, if it does happen (aliens invade, for example), women would be in safe intel jobs. There's no worry either way.
    2. I still don't know who wants this. Is it feminists? Maybe certain feminists? "Punishing them" is the first line I started seeing when this came up... but aren't there feminists that think this is how it should be, also?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    GPIA7R said:
    1. We will never have another draft. Ever. It's just not going to happen. Regardless, if it does happen (aliens invade, for example), women would be in safe intel jobs. There's no worry either way.

I'm not ready to say 'never' on that one, but you could be right.

GPIA7R said:
    2. I still don't know who wants this. Is it feminists? Maybe certain feminists? "Punishing them" is the first line I started seeing when this came up... but aren't there feminists that think this is how it should be, also?

Maybe. I was responding to the sentiments upthread, suggesting something like 'Well if they want to be equal so bad, let's draft them TOO!'.

I think that's silly.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Put bluntly, the point is the military is to kill people and break things. Whoever does that best should be in the role appropriate to them. The simple fact of biological science is that many of these tasks are very physical in nature. Some women can be very good at this, but way more men than women are physically suited to many of the destructive tasks at issue.

...if the task is emotional destruction, though......

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Concur. The only way to stop this madness is to require any politician voting for war to fight in said war (and I don't mean sitting behind the line drinking beers with the general, they need to be on the front line with a rifle in hand). Lots of bloated fat rich guys sending poorer guys to go die for their money.

It's been said that "wars are fought by the poor for the benefit of the rich," and it's still the case today.

Yeah, Marx said that. Not very true in this country. Go do a little research and you will find that 25% of our military comes from the top 20% of families in the income bracket. And again the top earners are carrying their weight, not only through the "progressive" tax plan, but are pulling more than their "fair share" of the defense weight. Funny thing about class warfare, it's 95% bloated communist lies.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    The heads of the USMC and Army are saying that they think the time has come for women to register for the draft. Fair's fair, I guess. I'd much rather see the entire draft thing done away with and have a truly voluntary military (which it is, in reality, but with the threat of involuntary servitude hanging above everyone's head), but if we are to have equality in the military then it only seems fair that capable women should shoulder some of the burden, too. They've already proven that they can do most of the same jobs in the military as men and serve in combat positions. This is just one more peg in the board.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...its-time-for-women-to-register-for-the-draft/

And once again you show just how much you don't know. Most women can not do Infantry very well, and it's been proven time and again. They can be effective snipers, and decent tankers, and maybe the really butch women can hump arty rounds if need be, but something about putting on 120lbs of dead weight in combat gear makes them go all dead cockroach in about 1 mile. And when was the last time you were threatened with a draft, 1974?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And once again you show just how much you don't know. Most women can not do Infantry very well, and it's been proven time and again. They can be effective snipers, and decent tankers, and maybe the really butch women can hump arty rounds if need be, but something about putting on 120lbs of dead weight in combat gear makes them go all dead cockroach in about 1 mile. And when was the last time you were threatened with a draft, 1974?
    Failed the reading comprehension test, huh?
    ...if we are to have equality in the military then it only seems fair that capable women should shoulder some of the burden, too. They've already proven that they can do most of the same jobs in the military as men and serve in combat positions.

Anything a woman is qualified to do she should be allowed to do. Sorry it triggers you.

The draft is always a threat hanging over the heads of America's citizenry, as long as the registration system exists. I'm looking forward to the day when we do away with it. As long as one person is registered for it then the risk of being drafted is there. All it takes is politicians willing to enslave people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Anything a woman is qualified to do she should be allowed to do. Sorry it triggers you.

The draft is always a threat hanging over the heads of America's citizenry, as long as the registration system exists. I'm looking forward to the day when we do away with it. As long as one person is registered for it then the risk of being drafted is there. All it takes is politicians willing to enslave people.
    Hmmm. Reading comprehension. Ironic.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

...even at the price of entire platoons killed, all in the name of a load of PC crap.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis

I'm not sure that I want to see the draft go away. I don't want to make it any easier to vote to go to war and let someone else pay the cost. For the reason, women should have been added to the draft back in 1920.

At the same time, we shouldn't take equal numbers of men and women just to keep balance; the mix should be based on what the actual needs are at the time. If we need to fill roles that a man or woman can do, then draft from the overall population. If the role is something women have trouble meeting the standard for, then draft only from men. (And for roles that our fast-food-fed populace struggles with regardless of gender, fill those with fit volunteers.)

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County

You can't answer the question because you have no example that has threatened you. All you have is hypotheticals. And trust me, the military does not want the draft. It's just something for nancy boys to whine about.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Cerberus said:
    You can't answer the question because you have no example that has threatened you. All you have is hypotheticals. And trust me, the military does not want the draft. It's just something for nancy boys to whine about.

Conscripted soldiers have been used for thousands of years. Your claim that it won't happen here is unconvincing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Conscripted soldiers have been used for thousands of years. Your claim that it won't happen here is unconvincing.

Apart from a worldwide catastrophic event (aliens violently invade), it won't happen here again.

Even if China and Russia feel like taking the US on at the same time for some dumb reason... it still wouldn't happen.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    image.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Apart from a worldwide catastrophic event (aliens violently invade), it won't happen here again.

Even if China and Russia feel like taking the US on at the same time for some dumb reason... it still wouldn't happen.

I think you youngsters lack the ability to imagine all the ways stuff that can never happen, finds a way to happen.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    For equality right or do women get to pick and choose where they want to be equal? Otherwise there would be no case for sexism if everything was equal and feminists can't lose out on the money and airtime.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Put bluntly, the point is the military is to kill people and break things. Whoever does that best should be in the role appropriate to them. The simple fact of biological science is that many of these tasks are very physical in nature. Some women can be very good at this, but way more men than women are physically suited to many of the destructive tasks at issue.

...if the task is emotional destruction, though......

So your saying draft 'testa rosse' right?

Top Bottom