• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just hate to be treated like an idiot or to see others trolling for idiots. I was raised to always offer a fair price and not to try and stick it to the other guy.

It's just downright insulting to ask for a $100 premium over retail for someone's "breaking in services" on a used gun.

That's your opinion, and I respect that. So why can't you respect someone else's opinion?

I've made a few deals on Armslist, as both buyer and as a seller. I've also done deals on Ingo, 1500's, GunBroker, GunsAmerica, GunBoards, and more.

I didn't say that's how I operate. I ask a fair price for my deals, in my opinion, and I've never had a complaint.

If I feel that someone is way out of line on their prices, I just say, "no thank you," and walk away.

Too much thin-skin out there these days. This is, of course, just my opinion.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's your opinion, and I respect that. So why can't you respect someone else's opinion?

I've made a few deals on Armslist, as both buyer and as a seller. I've also done deals on Ingo, 1500's, GunBroker, GunsAmerica, GunBoards, and more.

I didn't say that's how I operate. I ask a fair price for my deals, in my opinion, and I've never had a complaint.

If I feel that someone is way out of line on their prices, I just say, "no thank you," and walk away.

Too much thin-skin out there these days. This is, of course, just my opinion.

I respect you opinion too. I've done deals at all those places to.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Geez, you guys need to get your panties un-bunched.

It's called free enterprise. A person asks for a price they think is fair, or maybe not. Maybe they just feel there is a P.T.Barnum target out there nearby. (A fool and his money are soon parted)

If I can get someone to pay $600 for a Davis Industries explodo-matic, or a P.O.S. Jennings, then that's what it was worth, no more, and no less.

When you deal with the public at large, you never know what type of person you might encounter.

As for changing their minds...? Who says you can't?

BTW- The "problem" outlined above is NOT exclusive to Armslist.

With free enterprise comes the right to call them out if they're stupid.

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    For the really high priced ones, I just email them an ad from any local gun shop advertising their firearm for less NEW than they are asking used. I don't typically get a reply...not sure why...

udchemist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Every so often I do see a really nice pistol priced way under value on arsmlisy, which is nice. I assume they didn't look at gunbroker to see that their s&w 39-2 was actually worth 500$ rather than the 300 they had it posted for :) now, there are a ton of overpriced guns on it, but its still worth keeping an eye out if you are willing to wait and know what you are looking for.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Most people that scour Armslist in my opinion are looking to grab something from some one who has no concept of the firearms true value. I have a few listed Have an idea what the market is and ignore a lot of emails. LOL

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    I think almost Everytime I used to put something on armslist they try to low ball me.
    I understand on getting the best deal you can get but come on man!!!!

andyoz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    North Central
    Bought one and sold one through arms list without a problem. A deal was made on the one I sold within 2 hours of listing and picked up the next day.

Like anything when it comes to buying and selling ANY items, there are good people out there and those looking for something for nothing.

Emodude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Its like that everywhere I deal in antiques and odd n ends and I list hundreds of ads on ebay, craigslist, gunbroker and so on every week. I find that people want something for nothing, I lot of people make money on talking people down for less money and then re-selling it themselves, I constantly get email's from craigslist telling me that my items are not worth what I am asking and they will give me so much for it. I think they dont think about how there offers sound, If I were to get a email from someone saying that they are interested in the item but could only afford to pay so much for it that wouldn't be as bad as someone offer 60+ less than what you are asking.

Bats&Gats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Ligonier
    I listed a Bersa a few months ago, I was offered $70 and a 2 new tires.

Another listing, I was trying to sell a month old CrossBreed Holster, and got offered $15 because it didn't have the "combat cut".

Some people, I swear.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have actually got some good deals on Armslist, and a couple of super deals. Last year I traded a coffee pot for a very nice firearm. It was a handgun belonging to a person that did not any guns in the house, but liked coffee, that was on Craig's List. You never know. lol

Dave

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have done several deals on Armslist. All have gone as expected and I am happy with the deals made. The people that I have dealt with seemed to be "Good People". I guess that I have been lucky. I'll probably get a really bad one soon.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Its just like Craigslist. I seriously would like to know what people are thinking when they post prices and the one I hate is the make offer.

Top Bottom