• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I had a few ad posted on Armslist and had people from IL and OH asking me to do a FTF. Informed them it was illegal to do a FTF with non IN residents and told them I can do a transfer from my local FFL to their local FFL.Never heard back from them.

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Well done sir!

Could have also been an eager journalist/reporter trying to prove how "easy" it is to buy a gun in Indiana, then drive back to wherever (republic of california/illinois) in his rented 2012 Charger.

I hope no one else falls for this

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good job, nicely done. Folks should be above-board even if there was no chance of being monitored by the law because the law-breakers make the rest of us look bad. The fact that the would-be buyer was driving a late model Charger sure makes you wonder if he was a LEO, could have been a bad day for someone being careless.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon

Unfortunately several do fall for it. And it could be honest people who just don't know the actual letter of the law.
    I live 20 miles from the KY state line. People think it's "okay to sell across state lines because the dealers do it".

OP, you did good. I've walked on deals that raised flags. Better safe than sorry. No judge or jury is going to buy - "Sorry, I didn't know it was illegal"

alloutjdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Knox County
    I have called the BATF office and what they had told me was you can purchase a long gun as an out of state license holder while living here but it has to be transferred through an FFL in the state of purchase. As for hand guns that has to be sent from an FFL in the purchase state to an FFL in the receiver state to be transferred. this is from someone else on the board

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    I have called the BATF office and what they had told me was you can purchase a long gun as an out of state license holder while living here but it has to be transferred through an FFL in the state of purchase. As for hand guns that has to be sent from an FFL in the purchase state to an FFL in the receiver state to be transferred. this is from someone else on the board

Can any of you other ingoers verify this tidbit of info??

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Weren't you somehow directly / indirectly involved in the PSL 54C controversy? Just curious..

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Hmmm, interesting. I thought you could do the transfer via FFL with the person if they could prove they had moved to Indiana and were establishing residency. FFL would cover you.

But it is safer and happier to err on the side of caution! And you can sleep in your own bed as well!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well done sir!

Could have also been an eager journalist/reporter trying to prove how "easy" it is to buy a gun in Indiana, then drive back to wherever (republic of california/illinois) in his rented 2012 Charger.

Fall for what? We here at INGO only have suspicions (and a lot of them!). I'll play devil's advocate:

The buyer just moved from CA - hence the DL and cell phone*. He gets to IN, a bastion of freedom, and wants to immediately exercise this freedom buying guns he couldn't get in the DPRC**.

* a lot of people don't change cell phone numbers when moving.

** Democratic People's Republic of California

Top Bottom