• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    my bugout house is in an area with 6 other houses, then over 2 miles to next residence. Of the six four are owned by vets with as much or more firepower than I have, the other two are widows of vets. In the event of shtf I have no qualms with loaning any of them firearms or ammo, they will all have my back. Until I am there no one gets any guns except family. If you don't trust completely than no guns.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I have a friend who is ex-Army. He had quite a collection of firearms, but is down to just his 1911 due to financial difficulties. I would arm him in a heart beat. I have other friends who I trust with my life, but have very little experience with firearms. I would arm them after I was sure they were safe and competent.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Neighbors? No. They're sheep. However, I do have several friends who I know are headed to my house in TEOTWAWKI/SHTF. Although several of them are eagerly learning, and have gone with me to the range with me and other friends, they are not yet gun owners. I do however feel comfortable giving them my firearms that they have already fired and familiar with. They may not have the experience, but they do have the willingness to learn and they also have a strong basic foundation of safety and understanding, and I would rather have that than an over eagerness to use it.

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Arming the neighbor will not be your toughest choice. Imagine the family down the street with young kids asking you to feed them. Are you really ready to turn away the two year old. If you do turn them away what we will that do to you and yours. Can you accept the anger of your loved ones for that choice. And if you don't, what is the impact to your families survival. Your choice will be the hardest thing you ever do. No snap shot at a zombie intent on stealing the survival from your family. A concious choice to let them die....Not arming them is letting someone else kill them. Not feeding them is you and only you. Harden your heart or open it. I make no judgement because I have struggled with this myself. The shame to or the strength of my soul is I will feed my grandbabies and not yours. But I will live with that choice in hopes they won't have to.

May my fears never see the light of day. That is my prayer each and every day.

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    Arming the neighbor will not be your toughest choice. Imagine the family down the street with young kids asking you to feed them. Are you really ready to turn away the two year old. If you do turn them away what we will that do to you and yours. Can you accept the anger of your loved ones for that choice. And if you don't, what is the impact to your families survival. Your choice will be the hardest thing you ever do. No snap shot at a zombie intent on stealing the survival from your family. A concious choice to let them die....Not arming them is letting someone else kill them. Not feeding them is you and only you. Harden your heart or open it. I make no judgement because I have struggled with this myself. The shame to or the strength of my soul is I will feed my grandbabies and not yours. But I will live with that choice in hopes they won't have to.

Amen brother.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana

I second that Amen. I plan to have enough to help out many others, but you can't save everyone. I also pray that I will never have to make those kind of choices.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Arming the neighbors. Good question. Where I live, not happening. CA is so full of the nannies. They don't want me to have arms, I'm not giving them any either.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Years ago I started a collection of old wwI and wwII rifles and ammo along with reloading dies ... ammo is hard to find for most. If my neighbor needs a gun and he's
    too cheap or liberal to own a gun he'll be bartering for one of these and reloading services, not my good guns!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    One neighbor not too far from me is armed about the same. I have more ammo though, and I doubt he has started any preps at all. His place isn't set up as well as mine, but farther from people. If I couldn't make it very far I would head his way.

One other neighbor is a pair in their late 80's. He has a shotty and a couple .22 rifles. Would be tough to leave them sit, but then again they might not want to travel. Guess I would drop a little ammo for them.

The rest of the neighborhood can stand around in wet pants and cry for all I care. I can honestly say I would have no problem walking away from them, or turning them away should the need come. Lots of bad memories with them. Three different families.

Don't want anything to happen, but if it does they can all rot. Giving them guns would be a waste, plain and simple. If I don't know and like you then my party favors stay with me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The same ones that need armed are the same ones that have no food and water stored up. So I am going to give them guns and ammo? Once you start supplying them, be prepared to share everything that you have.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    This is really a great discussion and now I might be late for church...

Most people are sheep and don't have a clue about what is going on around them. They just want to keep on munchin grass.

The sheepdogs are already prepared, at least to some basic extent. Budding, interested sheepdogs can be armed. Heck, they might be the children of sheep, but I think they will stand out pretty quick from the sheep.

The wolves are coming, I fear.....

I agree and I sure hope that it never comes to this. Unfortunately I live in the suburbs now which isn't awesome. I would say that I am in the extreme minority here especially in my neighborhood. I know for sure on my street there are only 2 firearm owners and one is a LEO. I know that many are libs too, and I am not sure I would give up a firearm or ammo to a lib. If we loose power this neighborhood won't be worth defending so I am sure that I would bugout - still working on a place to do that with all the supplies my family would need. I would rather the sheepdogs take charge here if we stayed and provide security while the others planted the common areas with vegtables etc. But I am sure that I am the only nut here that thought about storing non hybrid seeds.....

If say we caught wind of a gang coming our way then I might hand out a m1 carbine or some shotguns - mabye put the anti gun libs on the front line

Thanks gotta run.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom