• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Probably not a bad idea. I don't know how many times I've seen someone yelling at a low level clerk behind a counter when they know good and well that the person they're chewing out has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.

I'm sure there will be quite a few hot heads going into an office to yell at a real person. Never underestimate the ignorance of a human.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    so now they are gonna treat people who are down on their luck like suspected criminals. yep, thats our government for ya.
    I understand where you're coming from, but we're talking the "Securitas" type guards here, not actual law enforcement or even the National Guard. Based on the type of security they're bringing in I see it as added protection.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    as long as nothing else changes, then it is no big deal.
    they have an armed person standing around.. no big deal. it shows that some one is understanding that you might want some active defense..

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    So? A couple of years ago, I went down to Bloomington with all my paper work to sign up for Social Security. On the way out I saw a guard packing heat, and had to ask him WTF? Seems that an employee in St. Louis was shot and killed by a person who was pissed that they couldn't get signed up, so armed guards are now the norm. Good conversation as the guard was carrying a Security Six, same as I had in the truck at the time. We shot the bull for a good 15 minutes about guns and shooting. Ain't no big deal once you think about it.

Last edited:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Ummm not to **** any of you off, however this is only for employee saftey. I work for INDWD, not in the unemployment stuff, and I ahve heard and seen some of the people who are upset about not getting the check anymore.

If you really want to see a fun time head on over to the east side office on Shadeland, we have a training lab out there....so I have to travel out there every month or so and I'm glad they have put armed guards there. Seeing as I am not allowed to carry at work it makes me feel a little safer, not much but a little.

The most stress a normal citizen is going to have are caused by these things...
    Loss of a Job
    Loss of Money
    Marriage troubles due to lack of money

Just about 90% of the people who file fall into 1 if not all of those categories and when they are told that the check isn't coming anymore....

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I understand where you're coming from, but we're talking the "Securitas" type guards here, not actual law enforcement or even the National Guard. Based on the type of security they're bringing in I see it as added protection.

Yeah but in many instances those "Securitas" types are worse than actual LEO or National Guard because they're wannabes. Not all but some. They get a little bit of power and very little training and when things go bad, they don't have the necessary skills to defuse the situation and only add fuel to the fire.

I'm all for passing out welfare checks after successful completion of a 40 hour educational/vocational/training week that is viewed as successful with the passing of a test.

More so than anything, GET SOME FREAKIN JOBS BACK IN THIS COUNTRY!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    How about saving themselves some money and let the employees arm themselves. Suddenly each and everyone is okay with armed guards.:dunno:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    One reason I decided to be back to school. Hopefully, and I do mean hopefully. By the time I graduate in a year and a half roughly. There will be more jobs available.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Some of you people seem to be confusing Unemployment Benefits with Welfare.

Non sequitur.

As far as the Shadeland Workforce One location goes... I'd be tickled pink if there were MORE "armed guards". Not just for the Unemployment folks, but the Marion County Probation office that's right next door.

Many days I'm very glad that my employer has seen fit to secure all of our exterior doors.

-J-

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i don't really see a need for it personally as i think people should take care of themselves but if the area's are bad enough then its whatever.

here is what i think though. if your on unemployment or welfare every month you should get a random call to come **** in a cup and if you fail your out of the system no more free money to buy drugs with. i am not knocking what people do with their own money that they worked for but its bs that i have to pay for you to buy dope. i see people all the time buying groceries and then giving them to someone outside the store for money and have been approached about the same scheme while going into a store. i bet about 30-50 percent of people in both systems would lose their benefits. i also think if you in the system 1 or 2 times a week you should have to do something for 8 hours a day be it pick up trash along the roads near your house or something similar. and for no more than 1 year.

blah i digress back to the security guards

Top Bottom