• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steepo17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    NE Indpls
    If you have a minute, watch this youtube video (link below) and most importantly, listen to Hannity's interview with John Lott, author of At the Brink.

Lott was a professor at the University of Chicago when Obama was there and describes his encounters with Obama.

I have taught my children not to expect everyone they encounter in life to agree with their views. In the context of children and their disagreements, I have explained to them they will get nowhere with the "no i didn't"/"yes you did" banter (except in hot water with the old man). Point being (in adult language) - at least listen to the others argument and pick it apart based on fundamental logic & facts if you feel so strongly about your position.

What concerns me is Lott's depiction of the Leader of the free world, Obama, not willing to at least discuss his position with a fellow academic colleague. Isn't that what academics are paid to do? - make arguments, discuss philosophy and teach impressionable kids?

While I'm venting and likely talking to myself, these career politicians are just getting under my skin. I recently looked at the bio of my district's congressperson and then noticed bio's of many others - a good majority have a vast level of background in government. Many others have a history as prosecutors/lawyers. Is that the standard now!? You have to be politically savvy with a history of butt-kissing to be considered "qualified" for office? Being a businessman, I can't remember the last time I took my lawyer's advice on anything business related except as it pertained to contracts or other LEGAL issues. I value his opinion within his expertise, but otherwise wouldn't trust him with the ability to run a lemonade stand.

Why do we feel comfortable with someone representing us that has never run a business or signed off on payroll - or come off the top-floor long enough to understand how the "equipment runs"? In my opinion, we don't need "well spoken" - we need someone with a common-sense disposition.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Nice video, I have just recently discovered Hannity and I've got to say I haven't heard him say anything in the last 2 months on the radio show that I disagree with... now if only we can actually start getting some of those things changed.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011

In the video it looks less like an AR15 and more like a Kel-Tec PLR-16...
    Kel-Tec_PLR-16.jpg

Top Bottom