• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    meh.....The AR hit it's styling peak with the A1, functionality with the A4, everything since has been....self pleasure.

ETA: Clearly, I'm a crotchety old man

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I get a lot less interested in a firearm if I see a pic rail on it, and I can't put a bayonet on it, or a old fashioned rifle sling.

Bradis Guns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    A bigger hit than these railed/braked monsters may be the "Defensive Sporting Rifle" line of price-point 5.56 and .308 rifles they unveiled quietly late last year.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Do these "re-vamped ARs" have some sort of performance enhanced design or features indicative of a new or improved design? The pictures and descriptions strike me as nothing I couldn't get with the right combination of aftermarket parts for an existing platform.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I get a lot less interested in a firearm if I see a pic rail on it, and I can't put a bayonet on it, or a old fashioned rifle sling.

M16A1 + M7 = The way it should be.

(don't get me started on M9s...if I wanted a "multipurpose" bayonet....I wouldn't want a bayonet)

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I'll say I wish they had these enchanced models when I built up a few of mine - looking at the prices then comparing to what I have invested in mine - I definately would have looked at these close - still am but ...- if you like the A2 model they still make'm with the bayonet lug carrying handle and the fixed buttstock sling ready - and yes you could get a base model and aftermarket it up and be into it really close to the cost of one of the enhanced models with the same platform - I personally like the "Hotrodded" models with full factory warranty - I also like the fact its in house enhancement - Armalite is finally listening to market - the defense sporting rifles are the perfect AR entry level rifle iho - they havent reengineered the AR theyve just enhanced them - yes I'm a Armaholic -to each their own i guess -

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In all fairness, I had the demeanor of a 40 year old since I was a teenager, so not that I'm in my 40s....change...who needs it!?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    M16A1 + M7 = The way it should be.

(don't get me started on M9s...if I wanted a "multipurpose" bayonet....I wouldn't want a bayonet)

I like the A2 but I still have the M7 bayonet.

Got an M14 and an M1 Carbine with bayonets for them too.

To me nothing screams AR more then the carry handle design.

The USMC mods to make the M16A2 were to simply add some stuff to make it more like the M14 they really wanted to keep.

I think too many put junk on guns without really starting out with a basic setup and learning to shoot.

threegen.jpg

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Im not real found of the pistols - some are and for what they are they are slick - that brace is nice - theyre striking the iron while its hot and while they can - if and when the legal decision is made it will be a industry issue not only Armalites - if you like'm get 1 while you can - theres another thread about the braces so ill leave it there - +1 Armalite again for listening to the customer - now if we could just get'm to build a piston drive I'd be happy

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Im not real found of the pistols - some are and for what they are they are slick - that brace is nice - theyre striking the iron while its hot and while they can - if and when the legal decision is made it will be a industry issue not only Armalites - if you like'm get 1 while you can - theres another thread about the braces so ill leave it there - +1 Armalite again for listening to the customer - now if we could just get'm to build a piston drive I'd be happy

There's actually 3 or 4 threads on the Sig brace out there in different sub-forums, so pick your poison. :cool:

While I like collecting military rifles and the bayonets go with them, are you guys doing a lot of bayonet drills with your newer AR-15s?

I had the opportunity to talk to a former Israeli Sayeret commando (the kind that went on ops in Lebanon or the Territories where they weren't supposed to wear uniforms or carry any sort of traceable gear). You'd never know to look at him, since he just looked like a short middle aged Jewish guy and he never talked about any of his service unless you asked him directly. Anyway, I asked him about whether the Israelis still practiced with bayonets and he just looked at me funny for a few minutes. Then he said something to the effect of if he wanted to kill someone, he'd just shoot him with his rifle and if he was out of ammo, he'd just hit him with the gun. Of course, this was the same guy who said he was confused about all the controversy and bickering about what to do about illegal immigration across the Southern border and asked me why the US didn't just put landmines the entire length to keep people out.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    The arm brace pistols certainly seem optimistic with the legal cloud that's hanging over those now.

There is no "legal cloud" hanging over them. In that letter the ATF clearly stated that if you put the sig brace on a rifle lower and intend to shoulder it, it is an sbr subject to NFA. Also clearly state that putting the sig brace on a pistol AR15 lower is 100% legal and would not be subject to NFA because it's a pistol. Some dumbass with a keyboard writes up some story and everyone looses their s hit. Stop it. It's fine. The atf says it's fine. Move on.

Top Bottom