• rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Any ArmA 2 players here?

ARMA 2 Official Website - ARMA 2

I've had the game a couple weeks. It is an amazing military simulator. You don't need to play the game to enjoy it. Great fun.

I stink at it, of course. But I'll get better.

You need a pretty good PC to turn on all the doodads. Plenty of doodads to be had.

I set myself up as a sniper in a little mission I made for myself. If I don't give myself a spotter, I always get killed. If I give myself a spotter, the spotter kills all the bad guys before I get to help. Great, great fun.

arma2scrn.png

Last edited:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    It is both single player and multiplayer. There are a million ways to play it and a million ways to mod it.

All I've really done so far is play around. Eventually, I hope to play online. There are groups that stage big battles, with full command structure. My role might be something like to command a squad in the middle of that thing.

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    i got the game and can't stand it....i wish I had tried the demo first!

I am waiting on Operation Flashpoint 2 to come out the first of October. The first one was great and this one loks very, very good.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    For some people, the realism is too real and not gamey enough. That's what I like about it.

The quality of play probably depends on your computer quite a bit. And they have patched it a couple times since it came out, so that might help too.

matthock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'm still waiting for Modern Warfare 2 (release date: 11/10/09, on the calendar!), but it's decidedly more in the arcade side of things, what with the whole being able to survive being shot and being able to get back up to full health by hiding in a corner for a few seconds thing. Might have to try the demo - I do tend to play COD4:MW in a somewhat more tactical method than most (use cover, sweep rooms, etc) instead of running and gunning like a classic FPS, so I might enjoy it.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'll be getting Modern Warfare 2 for the XBox 360, too, for sure. I'm thinking about getting the big deluxe version that comes with working night vision goggles.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Sounds interesting, I'll have to download the the demo tonight.

My biggest complaint about modern warfare was infinite bad guys. If you clear a room in arma 2, does it stay clear?

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I'll be getting Modern Warfare 2 for the XBox 360, too, for sure. I'm thinking about getting the big deluxe version that comes with working night vision goggles.

lol yeah, the night vision goggle edition..wonder what the price tag will be on that baby? I will get that game most likely..but won't play it as much as I did COD:MW due to Flashpoint 2.

Anyway, here is the Operation Flashpoint 2 website for those interested in that as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E2HJRcfebc
    www.flashpointgame.com

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I still play the first Armed Assault all the time. The AceMod adds a ton of stuff and tweaks the AI to be better. Nothing beats a good long lasting Warfare mode game.

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    You can preorder it on gamestop.com .... price tag of 149.99 and household limit of two... I just... might... do it...

hmmm $149 for the game and supposedly working night vision...yeah, I just might as well.

Been telling the wife that I NEED night vison goggles. :) She asked me why do you NEED them? Simple, so at night I can play with the dog outside and actually see her! Yeah, I got that piercing, get out of my kitchen stare back.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    At that price, they must be Generation 2 optics in a Generation 3 package. The blurb says you can see fifty feet in the dark. I have a Bushnell mono scope that does better than that, but I probably paid more than that for it. This is really not a bad deal at all, I think.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The graphics sure look cool, but hopefully the video in the OP isn't representative of actual gameplay... I mean, the guy walks/runs/crawls for more than 5 minutes without firing a shot or seeing an enemy, only to get killed instantly by some random explosion. :):

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    The graphics sure look cool, but hopefully the video in the OP isn't representative of actual gameplay... I mean, the guy walks/runs/crawls for more than 5 minutes without firing a shot or seeing an enemy, only to get killed instantly by some random explosion.
    He explains that he just set up a battle and watched it. The game play can be very intense. Or you can just watch.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My daughter has "night vision goggles". It's a tiny (5mm) LCD screen mounted over ONE EYE, with an IR emitter and a cheap camera. Trying to use it is headache-inducing to say the least, since it's only over one eye. That said, it does work OK. Not really worth the $40 the toy cost, but it made her happy, so whatever.

I ended up downloading that 3 GB demo last night THREE TIMES. I had to stop the first time because Spasmo and my 10 year old daughter wanted to watch Strange Brew streamed over the internet from Netflix, and what am I gonna do, say "no"? :):

The second time, I got to 2.7GB (almost done) and I accidentally killed the download. :xmad: The site I was using didn't allow the use of a download manager, so I had to download it all over again.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom