• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I had a felony arrest 27 years ago w/charges dropped (before nationalized computer records) that were supposed to be expunged and showed up report. When I had interview w/Carmel C.O.P. he asked about it. I explained events he sd. ok, signed off and I had my LTCH 6 days later - I guess having an interview w/Top Cop can have it's advantages.

I read an article about 2 weeks ago reporting that the ISP is seeing a 250%+ increase in LTCH app volume for the last 4 - 5 months.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]
    IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals​
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this
    chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.

I'm wondering how we go about 'using' this to speed things up ? :dunno:

Is it possible to light a firecracker under their butt-tocks ?

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I'm wondering how we go about 'using' this to speed things up ? :dunno:

Is it possible to light a firecracker under their butt-tocks ?

Going off advice in the LTCH wait thread, someone brought this up and had their LTCH approved the next day if I recall correctly. I believe they had been waiting a considerable amount of time before hand though.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Knowing how overwhelmed they are, I would feel weird rubbing it in their face that they only have 60 days? Maybe it's just me. I could understand under normal circumstances but not right now with all the applications being processed.

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    While they are swamped with over flowing apps, its no excuse to not follow their own law. We have to obey the laws, its time for them to also. Whether getting more people working or spreading the appear around the state to qualified issuers. Us citizens have alot on our plate everyday on top of the ever changing laws, but we getthings done timely. Sorry, there's no excuse. Especially for spending over 120 for a license.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Remember that Arrests generally do not slow down the application process. What usually slows it down is if the arrest has to be researched to determine if the arrest resulted in a conviction (no disposition) or if the conviction is related to domestic violence which often requires getting a copy of the police report / court files to see if the victim was a domestic partner, etc.

Because the courts are often slow to respond, these lead to delays. You can help speed the process by getting certified copies of the dispositions of any arrests and police reports for any Misd that could have a domestic violence element and send them to the State Police.

Top Bottom