"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Woman leaps from car after spotting spider, leading to crash - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

SYRACUSE, Ind. - Authorities say a northern Indiana woman jumped from her moving car after discovering a spider on her shoulder, leading to a crash that injured her 9-year-old son.

The Kosciusko County Sheriff's Department says the boy riding in the backseat climbed into the driver's seat and tried to step on the brake but instead hit the gas pedal, sending the vehicle into a passing school bus.

:facepalm:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wow. True arachnophobia.

This is what I laugh when folks stand right next to me and say "I am afraid of guns". If you were ACTUALLY afraid, you would drop your kid and run away screaming in terror. Not stand there and try to start an argument.

Give that kid an "A" for effort.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Don't act surprised:

CPbc590VEAEFLPr.jpg:large

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't act surprised:

CPbc590VEAEFLPr.jpg:large

I have been saying that the pedophiles would be seeking normalization in the public sphere, and very few people want to believe it. They will b out there more publically, and laws will change over time. It will likely be a long time, but attitudes will soften in some areas of society and before you know it, 42 year olds and 14 year olds won't be a crime.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have been saying that the pedophiles would be seeking normalization in the public sphere, and very few people want to believe it. They will b out there more publically, and laws will change over time. It will likely be a long time, but attitudes will soften in some areas of society and before you know it, 42 year olds and 14 year olds won't be a crime.

I read this article this morning. Using current logic: They can't help who they love. If it doesn't affect me, why should I care?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just saw the first Bernie 2016 bumber sticker in Indy. :noway::dunno::n00b:

When I was in Broad Ripple over the weekend, I saw "BERNIE" painted on a utility pole.

Stopped in the Broad Ripple Brew Pub... and a group of three sitting nearby was talking about him. They also had a very haughty, faux-sophisticated argument about Uber and immigrants.

God I hate hipsters.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When I was in Broad Ripple over the weekend, I saw "BERNIE" painted on a utility pole.

Stopped in the Broad Ripple Brew Pub... and a group of three sitting nearby was talking about him. They also had a very haughty, faux-sophisticated argument about Uber and immigrants.

God I hate hipsters.

The problem with hipsters is they lack the life experiences to back their beliefs. They're actually trying on new philosophies like skinny jeans. And they tend to act like they're the first to think of a concept, and that somehow makes them better than all the generations before them. For example, right here on INGO I was told by a former INGO hipster rather boastfully, that younger people aren't afraid to share their information on the internet like older people. Maybe life will be kind enough to gently beat the ignorant out of him without costing him too much for the lesson. Or, maybe not.

Another thing about hipsters is they think older people became they way they are because of generational bias, that of course they themselves have overcome. I remember when I thought that. Maybe they'll grow up. Raise a family. Retire, having the life-taught lessons that forge the person they've become. And then they'll yell at the next generation to get the **** off of their lawns. And they'll complain about how ****ed up is the new generation.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    "Many crucial things in life are learned from experience, rather than from clever thoughts or clever words." – Thomas Sowell

"In America the young are always ready to give to those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience." – Oscar Wilde

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indiana Supreme Court to hear case on police eavesdropping - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Before it gets edited.

The Indiana Supreme Court has taken a case involving Michigan City police officers improperly eavesdropping on a conversation between an attorney and a man accused of fatally shooting his girlfriend.
    The officers had evoked their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in connection with the eavesdropping. Police found the alleged murder weapon after listening to the conversation between Brian Taylor and his attorney.

Editing in journalism is dead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom