• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    May just be a one time thing as I have had good results with UPS in the past.

Chose UPS to send a time sensitive shipment to arrive in 2 days, now I am getting a "delay" status.

The delay is 3 days later, which makes a 2 day delivery expected to now be 5 days.

I have had really good experiences with USPS lately, wish I had used them.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Bought a welder for my son last week and shipping via UPS. Arrived at UPS on the 3rd and showed no movement from its first stop until yesterday. Now that shows delivery for this afternoon.

The first stop was in New Hampshire and delivery is CA. My guess is they are having software issues with tracking. No way that box moves from NH to CA in less then 24 hours.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Chose UPS to send a time sensitive shipment to arrive in 2 days, now I am getting a "delay" status.

The delay is 3 days later, which makes a ¹2 day delivery expected to now be 5 days.

UPS just dropped off a Summit press I bought from a cast booklet member. He lives in the bottom of Mississippi.
    He shipped it ground last Friday.
    20240509_110810.jpg
    I have a handful of mags on the way from Gun Mag Warehouse in Coppel? TX and they shipped usps and left them the 7th and should be here the on the 10th. They are right now in OH. We will see if they get here when the PO says they will be here.

I have a fedex on the way from upper NW Montana coming ground. It left last Friday but I don't have tracking for that one.
    I'm expecting it today or tomorrow.
    Some stuff it seems to be an extra day of so.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    Have had no recent issues with UPS. USPS tracking indicated a package I was expecting would be delivered Monday. Got to the Fort Wayne hub Monday AM, then got sent to Plainfield , IN. Then back to Indy for a day and a half. Back to Fort Wayne thus AM and delivered today.
    I won't even mention FedEx.....

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

The delay is 3 days later, which makes a 2 day delivery expected to now be 5 days.

I have a shipment was supposed to be delivered Monday. It's out for delivery today by 1900. UPS

I have more problems with FedEx than UPS or USPS. The best in my area is actually USPS.
    As long as it can get out of Cincinnati on time.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    A few min ago FexEx showed up and had my primers from American Reloading and a barreled action I had rechambered from Montana. So primers were four business days and the action was 5 business days.
    Both were shipped FedEx ground.
    20240509_120054.jpg
    I have a shipment was supposed to be delivered Monday. It's out for delivery today by 1900. UPS

I have more problems with FedEx than UPS or USPS. The best in my area is actually USPS.
    As long as it can get out of Cincinnati on time.
    Mine tend to get hung up either direction at Indy disruption.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    With respect to FedEx ground, I can tell you from experience that when the tracking says a package is 'on its way' somewhere, that is just its next destination and has nothing to do with whether it is actually making progress. Also, the trailers do not move on weekends, so if it is at an intermediate stop it will just sit in the lot until Sunday night. Things ordered early in the week seem to have enough time to make it through the system but if they have to sit over the weekend they seem to get caught in a time warp

I know this from tracking medicine for an elderly dog from Chewy, their compounding pharmacy only shipped FedEx ground. I will say that when I managed to reach the FedEx executive VP for customer service about my dog being without meds, she was able to tell me exactly where it had been, where it was then and the next day a supervisor made a special trip to our house to drop it off. I won't use them if I have another choice, though. Everybody at every level of contact was uninterested in my problem until they started taking heat from above. I also strongly suspect I have caught them letting a package sit that made it to my area in two days because I did not pay for the extra fast shipping option

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Getting anything shipped by anybody seems like much more of a crapshoot than it used to be, I think they have hiring issues just like everybody else. I have the best luck with USPS in my area, but only if it is a small item

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Tracking shows it hasn't moved since it arrived in Plainfield on 5/8. Typically I am not a "pot watcher", in this case I chose UPS because of the expected arrival time.

Oh well, USPS next time

Buckshost2825

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2024
    Crown Point
    Personal experience here, haven't had anything from UPS lately, however i've been purchasing some guns off gunbroker, had a gun in limbo for over 2 weeks through USPS meanwhile a different seller ships through fedex and it gets here in 2-3 days on time.
    Buying ammunition, same deal, fedex is on time in 3 days.
    Same usps experience for paying, any 'priority mail' I send out to pay is almost always a day late, today would be the first time in about half a dozen packages that actually arrives on time.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    My package finally got there, didn't even leave Plainfield until after it was originally scheduled to arrive at destination. It was 4 days late.

Fedex appears to have stepped up its game lately, no issues with them. My local delivery guy is great (gun guy).

USPS has been speedy on everything except first class, ground advantage has been about as fast as priority going several states away.

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    I agree I’ve had much better luck it seems with USPS than in past. Used to have things purchased from Optics Planet other side of Chicago basically all but go right past where I live and then down to Hebron KY before coming back up my way regularly. Lately seems they’ve been much quicker.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

Personally in the Indy area, I've always had the best luck with UPS.
    On the flip side, I've had the worst luck with the USPS.
    In fact, if a vendor insists on using the USPS to ship me something, it's a deal breaker and I find another vendor.

jhopson

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2018
    Trafalgar
    I ship quite a few packages every month with the USPS and UPS. The delays with either one is just a small percentage based on my overall volume.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville

I had a recent really bad experience with UPS, my package seated still at UPS for 5 business day and at the end it was send back to shipper without trying to deliver.

Top Bottom