Are there any 1911's that are as reliable as a Glock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Gaston-Glock-And-Wife.jpg

I see he visited "Hot Russian Brides"

ChevyNova1970

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2015
    Northwest
    Colt is a really great reliable company for its 1911's. The major problem though is the price and most people don't want to spend that much money on a pistol. Taurus makes a nice 1911 for somewhere around $500-$600 new. My uncle has a Taurus 1911 and honestly it's a really nice pistol. The firearm will require a bit more of cleaning but every firearm should be properly cleaned after firing it. If you want to spend over $1000 on a pistol, I would go with Colt! They are a great company and will give you great reliability.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I had three Colts. Got two now. I don't shoot thousands of rounds out of them But I have never had a problem with any of them. It's hard for me to have a 1911 and it not be a colt.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Colt is a really great reliable company for its 1911's. The major problem though is the price and most people don't want to spend that much money on a pistol. Taurus makes a nice 1911 for somewhere around $500-$600 new. My uncle has a Taurus 1911 and honestly it's a really nice pistol. The firearm will require a bit more of cleaning but every firearm should be properly cleaned after firing it. If you want to spend over $1000 on a pistol, I would go with Colt! They are a great company and will give you great reliability.

Nice 1st post.
    Welcome to ingo.
    Even if I prefer a Springfield........:)

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I cant comment on reliabilty of a 1911 VS a glock, but if my job required I carry a sidearm, it would not in all likely hood be a 1911, not in anyway because of a issue of reliabillity, but because of weight and capacity. I might still carry a HG in 45 ACP, but it would be a Hicap with 14-16 rounds of 45 acp VS a 9 round 1911. The bad guys all carry hicap 9mms, so it makes little sense to carry a HG with only half the capacity of your foe.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The bad guys all carry hicap 9mms, so it makes little sense to carry a HG with only half the capacity of your foe.

They do?

Anyway, people generally run out of time before they run out of ammunition. If you shoot that "hicap" better or equally, go for it. If you don't shoot it as well, you're not doing yourself any favors to carry just because it holds more.

Top Bottom