• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    The theory is sound, until/unless a Democrat is elected P.O.T.U.S.
    If that happens, they WILL enact extremely restrictive gun control measures, which WILL include a new assault weapons bill.

Your understanding of how the Executive and Legislative branches work is about as sound as Trump's!!!

How many of your guns has Obama confiscated? None, as he lacks the authority to do so.

Will the House repeal the ACA? No, as they lack the requisite number of votes to do so (as the 1st, 9th, 37th and 62nd attempt proved).

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    That's not really true.
    If I bought a gun 20 years ago for $500 and now it's worth $600, that would be a bad investment. As inflation occurs, the price of things go up, but that's not profit or an investment. In order for a gun to be an investment, the value would have to increase significantly more than the inflation rate and would have to be closer to stocks or bonds.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm going to say most here are buyers of newer guns. The military surplus guns are climbing at a pretty good rate. Now not ALL military guns are great investments but if you do research, which is also enjoyable, you will find quite a few that have doubled or tripled in value in the last few years. Guns that have been banned from future import are another investment. Russian guns and even ammo are on a sharp incline. The stockpiles are drying up so the trading of what we have now are increasing the prices, the I should have bought one of those back.... BUT, you better do your research!!

To back up what i'm saying click here. GunStockMarket: The Stock Market of Guns

Can you make it on current brand new in the box guns, Id have to say not likely.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    My dad calls it his "401G". While it wouldnt be fun to sell some things, he always could. Early 90s we were buying Turkish Mauser 40$ a piece with bayonets, and if you bought 3, it was free shipping. Price a no frills Turk Mauser now... while that's not an impress-your-friends rifle, there are other examples. Anyone else remember sks's for 50-100$? I'd bet some guys are sitting on a lot of those and are really glad they are. I think it all kinda depends, but yes, guns can be a great investment.

Parrthed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Charlestown
    Ahhh .... Brings back memories of Ky Imports , bought a few unissued Yugo SKS there for $120ea. Sold them high during the panic.

It's difficult to say whether a firearm will be a good investment. My personal opinion is most newer firearms/accessories are at the mercy of a panic or regulations to really get a big value increase. It's all related to supply and demand.

while older stuff that isn't made any more has a inherent collectors value as well.

I go to gun shows regularly and see tables full of old lever actions and double barrel collectors shotguns. There is undoubtedly a collectors market for these but I fear it is getting smaller. Hopefully I am wrong about this

Members of this older generation grew up with Cowboys and Clint Eastwood, the younger generation that is coming into the hobby grew up on call of duty and rainbow six with AKs ARs and other modern military firearms.

These are the types of firearms I think will appeal to the future collectors as they get older with more expendable income.

Sorry to ramble on

, just my .02

Top Bottom