Are copper plated bullets safe in Glocks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    ok i know this is a glock thread but figured i would ask here and not make a duplicate thread. i was looking at berrys bullets also for my taurus pt92 9mm and was wondering if anybody had any experience with berrys plated bullets on a taurus pt92. berrys has pretty good prices and like someone said befor, the deal maker, free shipping. wanted to ask someo0ne this question befor i ordered. thanks everyone

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Plated Bullets..

In my Glocks and CZ's I have used these plated bullets with complete success:
    1. Berry's
    2. PowerBond
    3. Rainier
    4. Xtreme (sp??)

Use cast bullet data, or the lower end of jacketed data and you will be fine..Bill.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I had a very different experience with Berry bullets in my Glock.
    They "key holed" badly and, like knuckleballs, were ridiculously inaccurate as a result. I saw leading in the bore and surmise the thin plating was stripping off causing the "knuckleball" keyholing and bore leading.

Gave the remaining Berrys to someone, switched back to jacketed bullets and have had no such problems since.

With thicker plating, "bonded" bullets will not have the same issues as bullets with thin plating.

Perhaps, Berry has increased the plating thickness to alleviate the issue I had, but I am not inclined to use them again!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They "key holed" badly and, like knuckleballs, were ridiculously inaccurate as a result. I saw leading in the bore and surmise the thin plating was stripping off causing the "knuckleball" keyholing and bore leading.

Gave the remaining Berrys to someone, switched back to jacketed bullets and have had no such problems since.

With thicker plating, "bonded" bullets will not have the same issues as bullets with thin plating.

Perhaps, Berry has increased the plating thickness to alleviate the issue I had, but I am not inclined to use them again!

I am not a reloader...yet. And I also don't own any Glock products (any more)...

The the quality/thickness of the plating on brand A vs. brand B-C is probably something to be watchful / mindful of.

Of course, there are also plenty of people who reload with LRN bullets for use in their Glocks and suffer no ill effects; especially if they regularly and routinely clean the barrels well.

-J-

Sarrsipius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    North side of Indy

Hmmm. Just when you think you have it all figured out...

Top Bottom