• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    30 years ago or so, they said remember the ABCs. Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt. There were a lot of guys said those were the only three and in that order. Times changed but it shows where Bushmaster used to stand at one time.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Among many other brands, I have owned 2 Bushmaster AR15 rifles. Both were excellent guns. Both guns were bought new and sold used. The only reason I sold them is that I was offered more for them than I paid for them. At any given time I've got 8 to 12 different AR15s in the safe, other than fit and finish, any well made AR15 with good parts will be reliable, regardless of brand.

Realize some are not properly assembled, that can be easily fixed. But those made with a crap barrel or other serious issue will cost a bit more to bring up to speed.

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    of all the rounds ive put out of the ones ive fed, theyre pretty decent blasters. now i dont get a warm and fuzzy over their plastic models. but that is probably my own fear of busting caps on something that moves almost 4 times the speed of 45 acp. remember people like to ride the hype waves. as long as they're in spec, they'll protect you and the family.

stay safe.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I bought my wife a XM15e2s awhile back and she was fairly novice. She was hitting the gong right out of the box. It's been very reliable and great to build some serious confidence.

RoninPryyst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Hi everybody. I have owned 4 Bushmasters. I sold two. I sold my 20' XM-15 and the M-17 Bullpup. I still have my M4ish XM-15 and my ACR. I have enjoyed all of them. The M-17 gave my problems and I returned it. Years later I got a 2nd one and had no problems. I wish I kept them both.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    30 years ago or so, they said remember the ABCs. Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt. There were a lot of guys said those were the only three and in that order. Times changed but it shows where Bushmaster used to stand at one time.

I had heard this said a lot in the past by some old-schoolers. I don't have an AR (yet) and wondered if it was still brought up.

Thanks for mentioning this...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a XM15e2s A2 that I inherited from my Dad. He bought it back in I want to say 2002-2003. I would not buy a newer model since they are under the control of Remington. I have heard nothing but bad things about them, and have found a few negative videos on You Tube. The only issues I have had where. It's like anything else, some people are just fan boys. Then you have to figure all the internet Mall Ninja BS floating around

1. Lack of cleaning and not lubing the bolt. I wanted to see how long it would run before malfunction.
    2. Remington UMC ammo caused a lot of malfunctions.

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    i have 2 BUSHMASTER AR'S.... 1 in 5.56 the other in 7.62. the only problem i have with them is finding the time and money to shoot them!...they run great and have never had any problems from them and they are both from the FREDOM GROUP not Remington

Top Bottom