• ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    It'll shoot underwater

I never understood why people use this argument on any firearm. Put strong enough springs in anything it'll fire underwater. There's no magic sensor (that I'm awar of on anything) that'll go off when it gets wet that disables the firearm. Besides, how many shots do you expect to get before your barrel bulges or something breaks?

This one time on Mythbusters........ :D

Last edited:

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I thought that my gov't profile barrel was a bit front heavy. If I had to do it over again (rifle has been passed down to siblings) I would probably just get something like a 6520, keep it as light as possible, sling and light.

Maybe a 6720, but I'm really not sure the rails are necessary.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    To me, as long as the owner can justify the money spent and the accessories (unless they're just extra crap that weighs the gun down) more power to them. If it isn't my rifle, who am I to tell you what to hang from it (unless it is a Mauser, professional quality conversions are ok but past that leave it alone)?

Oh, no. Believe me, it's when they add a bunch of UTG or NCstar stuff to an M&P 15-22, half of which either breaks, is poorly installed or doesn't work from the get-go at the first range visit, they spend a ton on this .22 rifle, but then complain that "real" ARs are soo expensive. Oh, all the money you blew on that 15-22 you could have built a damn fine AR, but nope, instant gratification, they won't spend the time to build one, scrape parts together, they just buy the .22, then raid Bradis' parts bins and accessory racks, but don't get really good ones as they don't want to spend a lot of money. :D

bob609891

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
    Garbage government issue Trijicon? First I've heard anyone say anything bad about ACOGs.

Well maybe I'm biased... being an optics tech in the Marine Corps has put a bad taste in my mouth (insert lens-licker joke here) for trijicon. I've seen some pretty ridiculous manufacturer defects on brand new an/pvq-31a's (M16a4 rco) and 31b's (m4 rco). Dont get me started on the the SDO and MDOs for machineguns.

Deucemizer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I laugh a little when I see a huge adjustable madpul looking stock on an AR with a skinny shorter leingth barrel, looks like someone wanted a sniper rifle but quit a third of the way through.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Well maybe I'm biased... being an optics tech in the Marine Corps has put a bad taste in my mouth (insert lens-licker joke here) for trijicon. I've seen some pretty ridiculous manufacturer defects on brand new an/pvq-31a's (M16a4 rco) and 31b's (m4 rco). Dont get me started on the the SDO and MDOs for machineguns.

Please go into detail. I'd like to hear about them. Personally I never heard of a single issue with any in the units I was with since 2005.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    To be honest i dont like them because there a dime a dozen (there everywhere and nearly everyone has one) to me its like the 10/22 great gun but nothing that excites me... i like stuff that's odd or different from everybody else

i also dont care for the price of one granted they have come down quite a bit over where they where years ago...

plus they do have a gas system that dumps carbon into the upper receiver and fcg but with that said there still a respectfully reliable rifle

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I hate flip-up rear sights.
    Now... in a tactical situation it is convenient to mount one under the ass end of an ACOG (or similar combat optic) just in case your garbage government issue trijicon goes down for the count. But if you want to shoot with ironsights, just get a carrying handle attachment, youre going to have to zero it anyway.

I like flip-up rear sights. They wiegh less than a carry handle, and are less cumbersome. ;)

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I hate flip-up rear sights.
    Now... in a tactical situation it is convenient to mount one under the ass end of an ACOG (or similar combat optic) just in case your garbage government issue trijicon goes down for the count. But if you want to shoot with ironsights, just get a carrying handle attachment, youre going to have to zero it anyway.

Well if you are using an optic, it is prudent to have BUIS, that's why they are called BACK UP. Optics help, but if it goes down, you've got iron sights. I never understand why people would pick an AR, take the carrying handle off to mount an optic and not even consider back up irons.

I am not a fan of AR pistols.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Bump fire devices.

I don't follow. Those devices are intended for one purpose, fun. No one should consider it anything but a toy. I realize bump firing is fairly easy without the stock, but the slide fire stocks make it very easy and controllable. I'd love to have a RDIAS, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

I think I'd rather meet someone at the range with one of those, than someone with 20lbs of "tactical" gear all over them and their AR.

(I do not own a Slide Fire Stock, but I would... and probably will eventually)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I am not a fan of AR pistols.

I don't know if anybody really likes them. But its the best alternative to waiting 6 months for a stamp to finish building a gun. I built a pistol and now in a week or so I'll just have to swap the buffer tubes

Top Bottom