• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    all you need is moe equipment a flat top with your choice of optic and a mount for the flashlight and a rail to put on a laser or bipod if you are so inclined...i hate the flat trigger guards that come stock on ar -15....

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    i hate ar snobs like the dude that called my bushmaster a trashmaster at elmores...i had shot 3 thousand rounds through it without one failure and 3-4 cleanings

Yep. It's so pleasant to be around aholes, isn't it?

I'd be curious as to what handgun he likes best too. "Please tell me everything about you and what you think "

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I hate flip-up rear sights.
    Now... in a tactical situation it is convenient to mount one under the ass end of an ACOG (or similar combat optic) just in case your garbage government issue trijicon goes down for the count. .

Garbage government issue Trijicon? First I've heard anyone say anything bad about ACOGs.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    People that buy M&P15-22, add at least 200 bucks of tacti-crap to it, then bemoan the fact that they cannot afford a "real" AR-15... lol

People qualifying 1x9 twist by using the arguement of "well, that's what the military wanted, but it wouldn't stabilize the M856 tracer". Dude, it's not a big deal, you got a weird twist, but it works, it stabilizes a wide range of still deadly ammo. Train around it!

An entire cottage industry being built on making parts that have "improvements" over original design or common sense, such as titanium firing pins, weird firing pin retention devices, accuwedges, single piece gas ring systems, hydraulic buffer systems (yes, I fired one with one, it didn't make a lick of diff), piston "conversions", etc... Actually had a guy once call me a retard at a gunshop because I would not buy into the titanium firing pin idea he wanted me to buy. huh...

Lack of ZM uppers on the market, and the high prices the ones out there command. :D

Everyone putting Magpul MOE on their weapons. It looks and feels kinda chintzy to me. BUT, the glory of the AR system: If it floats your boat, it bloats your ... well....

What I am liking here recently is RRA "half quad rail" handguards. Gives your rifle a sort of FN FNC look with flip up sights... :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i hate ar snobs like the dude that called my bushmaster a trashmaster at elmores...i had shot 3 thousand rounds through it without one failure and 3-4 cleanings

A lot of haters out there. Bushmaster, DPMS, on and on. I had a DPMS that was crap right out of the box and hated it. Spread some hate about it as well. I have fixed it and realize (again) that no matter who made it, they will put a lemon out the door on occasion.
    The AR platform is ever evolving with all the after market parts and pieces. I guess that after a few years I get tired of what I have and want to build up a new one so I can get some of that cool dessert tan furniture.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    People that buy M&P15-22, add at least 200 bucks of tacti-crap to it, then bemoan the fact that they cannot afford a "real" AR-15... lol

People qualifying 1x9 twist by using the arguement of "well, that's what the military wanted, but it wouldn't stabilize the M856 tracer". Dude, it's not a big deal, you got a weird twist, but it works, it stabilizes a wide range of still deadly ammo. Train around it!

An entire cottage industry being built on making parts that have "improvements" over original design or common sense, such as titanium firing pins, weird firing pin retention devices, accuwedges, single piece gas ring systems, hydraulic buffer systems (yes, I fired one with one, it didn't make a lick of diff), piston "conversions", etc... Actually had a guy once call me a retard at a gunshop because I would not buy into the titanium firing pin idea he wanted me to buy. huh...

Lack of ZM uppers on the market, and the high prices the ones out there command. :D

Everyone putting Magpul MOE on their weapons. It looks and feels kinda chintzy to me. BUT, the glory of the AR system: If it floats your boat, it bloats your ... well....

What I am liking here recently is RRA "half quad rail" handguards. Gives your rifle a sort of FN FNC look with flip up sights... :D

I actually really like the MOE over the standard carbine furniture because I've broken a wrist and have trouble turning my left hand to a comfortable position for a hold that is comfortable (not much of an issue on my 10.5" barrel AR pistol).

To me, as long as the owner can justify the money spent and the accessories (unless they're just extra crap that weighs the gun down) more power to them. If it isn't my rifle, who am I to tell you what to hang from it (unless it is a Mauser, professional quality conversions are ok but past that leave it alone)?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I hate that the MOE is SO cheap and works SO damn well. I would really like a Geissele or Noveske hand guard or even a Troy but the damn MOE keeps whispering in my ear "look at me! you don't need that fancy hand guard". :laugh:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have never owned a AR-15 in any caliber. I have fired dozens though and never really found one I liked. Most of my friends that have AR's bought them primarily because of the look. They are also all gadget freaks and the AR has more accessories than a Barbie dream house. At the range, over the years, I have fired tens of thousands of rounds through my SKS, AK, and M1A and assorted other 30 caliber rifles and never experienced the number of jams, misfires, and lock ups that my AR toting buddies have had. Granted, there are a lot of flawlessly designed ARs in the field, and a lot of AR shooters don't have troubles with jamming, misfiring, and lock ups...I just haven't seen many, but I am sure they exist. The AK has seven moving parts. It'll shoot underwater, in the dirt, the sand, and in the mud...it is certainly not the sniper rifle the AR can be, but for utility, the venerable AK is hard to beat.

I like guns. Just about all of them.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

The man was obviously a genius. If Elmore's was on fire, and I saw there were 100 puppies trapped in the building, I still would not stop to **** on the place.

Top Bottom