• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This is a relatively well known issue with the Elfs. You absolutely have to install them correctly, or they won’t reset. The disco will fail to engage and the hammer will drop when the trigger is released.

They have to be installed in the right order in order to properly engage with the safety.

1). Drop in Trigger and install pins. Do not tighten set screws
    2). Install safety
    3). Tighten set screws

Ifyou tighten the set screws prior to installing the safety, the trigger won’t work right in some instances. I found out the hard way and mine basically became a binary trigger.....

No issues with either of mine when installed properly. EXTREMELY nice triggers.

That's good to hear about the ELF. I have tried two that failed to reset during dry fire. I'm guessing that there's no way they would have acted the same during live fire. They really do feel the best out of what's mentioned in this thread.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not a big fan of the real light triggers so i usually put a Alg Act trigger. A lot smoother and no grittiness(if thats a word) while keeping a heavier pull, which is good if you like to use cheap steel cased ammo.

I have these in a few of my rifles and everyone that runs them likes them. I use the heavy spring as the light one will give you a lite strike on occasion. They are not stupid expansive either.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I’m a big fan of the CMC flat bar triggers. Especially for the price. Tried a Geissele, but ended up selling it and going back to a CMC.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I ended up buying an Elf match trigger. It feels purty nice, but i haven't actually fired any rounds with it yet. I'll report back after some range time.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    A for REAL low cost option is to just change out the trigger springs. In addition to selling complete trigger kits, JP also sells just the springs. They won't guarantee the 3.5 or 4.5 lbs (depends on the kit) you get with their triggers but both times I've used their 4.5 lb springs with existing triggers, the result has been about that--about 2-3 pounds off a milspec trigger for the price of about $10+shipping.

I love the 2 stage match trigger in my NM RRA but for general purpose, I can't see paying $200-300 for a trigger.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    Geissele is my go to for AR triggers, mostly their SSA, SSA-E, and 2 Stage (G2 I think it what they call it). I've stuck with 2 stage triggers since that's what I've trained with and I'm used to. Mill spec is fine for up close and personal distances, but I prefer something lighter and crisper for any kind of further than handgun range distances. That's what I'm used to so that's what I prefer, however mil spec triggers are fine if you don't have the budget for an upgrade.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been happy with both CMC and Rise Armament drop-ins. Primary Arms has a Rise trigger on sale for $79.99 right now (I think $99.99 was the cheapest I'd seen them previously). I did have an issue with one of my Rise triggers, but that was user (installer) error. I didn't properly tighten the set screws and as seedubs1 mentioned, it basically turned it into a binary trigger. Scared the crap outta me the first time I took it to the range (although it was kinda fun for a minute once I figured out what was going on :):)!

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    After seeing Defoor hit steel plates out to 500m with an ALG ACT(heavy, single stage) on a 11.5" BCM upper, that changed the way I view aftermarket triggers.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have 2 Geissele G2S triggers and an ACT. The ACT is a little heavier, but is a smooth single stage. I prefer the Geissele triggers, but they are a little light for use when I may not be fully awake, so the ACT is in the house rifle.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Over the weekend you could buy the G2S for $109 and the SSA and SSA-E for $165.
    I picked up another one for myself. I usually buy at least one or two of them around thanksgiving a 4th of July sales. I always keep a couple on hand so as I get something I can throw the trigger in that day. It's worth just picking them up on the sales because of how much you'll save.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    My shooting buddy and I were hitting plates out to 500 yards yesterday with mostly mil spec triggers, one alg. There's nothing wrong with a better trigger but it's not needed to make hits IMO.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    My shooting buddy and I were hitting plates out to 500 yards yesterday with mostly mil spec triggers, one alg. There's nothing wrong with a better trigger but it's not needed to make hits IMO.

I'm definitely not arguing they are NEEDED to make a good shot. It's more like picking a good beer over a 40oz malt liquor. :):

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I just ordered the hipertouch eclipse. Was looking to buy the 24c trigger but its out of stock most places who have a good price on one so I bought the eclipse instead for a good deal. It is supposed to be the same as the 24c but with the addition of a Special coating to help make it even smoother. This will be my first non stock trigger. Out of all the googleing I have done for the last couple days it was the most popular one with no negative reviews. Anyone who had one loved it more then any other trigger they have tried. So I pulled the trigger and bought one.

Ill report back and give it a review once I have it installed.

Top Bottom