• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well it looks like the RUSH is on to buy up guns before Obama takes office.

Charles Daly Defense, in 1 day, sold out its entire production of AR15s. It expects to sell out its FUTURE production today. I got that information directly from the president of KBI/Charles Daly, Michael Kassnar. I expect to hear similar reports from other gun producers. I know that Olympic Arms has been backlogged, so it is likely they will remain backlogged.

Thats right folks, if you don't have one already you probably will have a very difficult getting a new, quality AR anytime soon and you probably won't get it at a bargain price. There is probably a short window of opportunity to pick up some ARs, but don't expect it to last.

cfl4rat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Rosstucky
    yep!! i'm saving my $$ to get my hands on a CD D-M4LED. but i think i'm going to start buying up some mags NOW..............

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I hope I can find a Colt 6920LE before they double in pricing again.

Bought one new Bushmaster earlier in the year just speculating on price increases.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I don't buy it. I am 100% sure that some manufacturers are going to be sold out for a while, but as soon as the initial panic is over, they'll be plentiful again.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I think my dreams of building a 5.56 and a 6.5 Grendel will drop to two 5.56 rifles.

I bought the 5.56 complete this summer but still hope to build up my lower into a 6.5 Grendel. The latter will not be outfitted with as many "scary looking" features so maybe these uppers won't skyrocket as badly on panic demand. At least that's my hope:dunno:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    That was one of my thoughts. The 5.56 is more common and supply/demand may drive it up so the 6.5 Grendel looks not too much more expensive.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Well I work at a local gun shop and I went to order a AR for a guy day before yesterday and ALL ar 15s no matter the maker, was on back order. I couldnt get DPMS, Bushmaster, Colt, Olympic, or Stag. There Were 0 available

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I bought the 5.56 complete this summer but still hope to build up my lower into a 6.5 Grendel. . .

That was one of my thoughts. The 5.56 is more common and supply/demand may drive it up so the 6.5 Grendel looks not too much more expensive.
    Well I can find 5.56 for about 30 cents for the really cheap russian stuff, but its more common to find it for 40 to 50 cents a round for FMJ. FMJ is suitable for practice, training, or target shooting but not hunting.

I have been buying 6.5 Grendel for 50 cents a round for brass cased Wolf 120 grain soft point. It is suitable for practice, training, target shooting or hunting.

I don't see the 6.5 Grendel as being cost prohibitive compared to the 5.56. It is slightly more expensive for the cheap stuff, but not that much more. The best grade 6.5 Grendel sells for about $1 to $1.10 per round (those are the premium name brand bullets in Laupa brass). The best grade 223/5.56 is about the same price.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I agree for ammo, I was thinking more about upper prices. Although I guess the quality 6.5 barrels are not much more than the quality 5.56 barrels. There are just fewer low quality 6.5 barrels, because what is the point. :D

Top Bottom