AR15 Performance Mods? Biggest Bang for the Buck?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I have a BAD on mine and really like it. Sometimes those bolt release devices bounce and cause it to not lock back after the last round. I also have a couple of those buffers. I haven't decided if they arean improvement over the normal style or not. They seem to work fine although my 14.5" & 10.3" still have noticeably more recoil then my 20".

The BAD option is a Magpul offering right? I think I have one BAD, two of whatever the Troy offering is called, and one of some other brand that I can't remember which clears the billet design of one of my lowers.

The only time I had any trouble with them was when I tried to convert my JP 3 gun rifle from LMOS to ULMOS. Apparently, the lever increases rotational inertia on the bolt catch which slows down how fast it can rotate in to catch the bolt after the last round. With the ULMOS, the bolt is cycling so fast that the bolt just can't catch it. This is per JP, but it makes sense. The solution was to shorten my JP captured springs buffer or something, which JP offered to do for free, but I didn't notice enough difference in recoil for the chunk of cash I paid on the LMOS, so I just returned it.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I love my Phase 5 bolt release, and put in my new build as well. So far, no issues with it. I have heard of some folks not as happy with the Gen 1 version, but this newer version has been perfect so far (very few data points).

The Phase 5 bolt release actually replaces the standard bolt release rather than just pressing on the standard one to activate it. Is that how the BAD version works as well?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The Phase 5 is better IMO than the Magpul. I should just drop some coin and get a few.

Top Bottom