• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    Any thoughts on a good Scope or Red dot with magnifier? Im mainly looking for something i can plink but also be able to hit a coyote at 250yds or so. trying to keep it around 200 ~100 but up $400 will be considered.

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    thanks guys the lucid hd7 looks great for what ill use it for around here i wont be shooting farther than 3-500yds if greater than 300 it will just be for target shooting. im leaning more towards the 3x magnifier instead of the 2x now to find a decent price on the 3x magnifier.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    HUGE fan of the Burris XTR and MTAC 1-4x24 scopes. The XTR 1-4 is more expensive but I absolutely love it. Been using it the last 2 years in 3gun, and out to 500 with my 69gr hand load it follows the reticle very well(all the farther I've shot it)

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    a friend of mine has the vortex red dot (cant remember exactly which one) but his came with the 2x magnifier as well. it screws on to the back, he doesnt really like the magnifier and is looking for something flip to side for it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    a friend of mine has the vortex red dot (cant remember exactly which one) but his came with the 2x magnifier as well. it screws on to the back, he doesnt really like the magnifier and is looking for something flip to side for it.

you can buy a vortex 3x magnifier with swing mount for 229.

Last edited:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    [broken record mode /ON]
    Weaver 1-3x - Japanese glass, lightweight, excellent build quality and history, and proven in the field. No, it doesn't have all the sexy gizmos that the others have. But I believe what you gain in gizmos, you give up in quality where it counts - glass and build.

Weaver 1-3x20 Classic V Rifle Scope

Put it on a decent set of rings, and spend the rest on some quality ammo for the rifle.

[brm /OFF]

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    Where is the Lucid HD7 made?

Well i don't know good question im guessing somewhere in the USA the mylucidgear websight has a phone number from Riverton, Wyoming but after shooting today im most likely going to get 3-9 power scope and a different upper for coyote hunting and get the lucid hd7 for plinking/SHTF weapon.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I would second the Weaver 1-3 if you do not need range holdovers and you want something small. The Millet DMS-1 works OK, but of the 3 I had, one had a couple of spots in it and none where especially clear in low light. You might want to look at the Burris AR-332 or the TAC30 1-4.

If you want something bigger, Natchezss.com has Weaver's 2.5-10x50 EBX for $330 before a $50 rebate, and the glass on mine is fantastic -- it shows more detail 30-45min after dusk than my Mark 4. (Weaver 2-10X50 Super Slam Riflescope EBX Reticle Matte - Natchez Shooters Supplies)

cav_cdr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Columbus
    You may want to consider one of the Nikon ProStaff scopes. Natchez frequently has refurbished from Nikon for good prices. I've picked up three (two Monarch's and one ProStaff) and they have done fine for me.

Top Bottom