• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    does anyone have any reasonable priced suggestions? im needing a flat gas block and fold down front and rear sights.. what im seeing is that its basically going to cost at least $200 for all 3. id like input.. likes and dis likes etc. magpul plastic ones seem cheap.. but i dont want them to break/not work.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I picked up a set of Magpul MBUS. They seem really well built and at about half the cost of some other sights. I have them mounted to a rifle length full float rail from YHM. No regrets so far.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Go with Troy or Midwest Industries

Both good quality and both have front sights for gas blocks.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    One problem I found with the MI front flip up sights for gas block. I had one on my other AR and even though their websight says their suppose to be mounted to flip forward, if you have them that way your rear sight will be adjusted almost all the way to the left. I verified this with a laser bore sighter. Flip the front sight around and the rear sight is back to the middle of the adjustment range. Thats why I now have them mounted on my rail.

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    does anyone have any reasonable priced suggestions? im needing a flat gas block and fold down front and rear sights.. what im seeing is that its basically going to cost at least $200 for all 3. id like input.. likes and dis likes etc. magpul plastic ones seem cheap.. but i dont want them to break/not work.
    You need to get an Adams Arms piston kit so I don't have to listen to you ***** about how dirty everything gets. Or get a gas buster rod so I don't get powder in my eyes.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indiana
    i REALLY dont want to have more in these damn fold down sights than i do in the eotech.. but its looking that way really fast..

Use the Magpul ones. They are not going to break! For anything that is serious, I put MBUS on them because they are more durable and they are very simple. The reason why I say they are more durable is for the same reason the PMAGS are more durable than any metal mag out there: they are elastic. They bend when they are hit, and most of the time just fold back down. I have broken a Troy rear sight (which takes work), but the MBUS has seen much and more without breaking. Just remember to be careful when installing, they don't like too much torque and you'll break one of the ears off.

However my favorite iron sights to use are the Troys. If you plan on using the buis frequently, spend the money and get the Troys.

Your only other option is to get fixed sights. If you want something that is above the front post, then buy a riser for your eotech.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    The MBUS front sight is not designed to be placed on a railed gas block. The material will not stand up to the heat of sustained fire strains. They are designed for railed hand guards.

From Magpul's site: NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues. Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    is it acceptable to have the regular fixed iron sight on a rifle with an eotech? it kinda bothers me but it doesnt hinder me really.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    is it acceptable to have the regular fixed iron sight on a rifle with an eotech? it kinda bothers me but it doesnt hinder me really.

I've seen it before, its just personal preference. before you give up though call Midwest Industries and tell them you're looking for a front gas block with a rail, and front and rear flip-up sights. they sell to the public and have given out some good deals over the phone before.

Top Bottom