• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Hey guys, there were a few dealers at the 1500 with some AR uppers, I got in a hurry towards the end and did not backtrack to pick one up, and I did not catch the name of the place. We do not really have anyone around here that just sells uppers, and that's all I need. Does anyone know the name of the couple places that were selling there? particularly the one with about three racks of uppers on the short end of the booth. The uppers were placed horizontally on A-frame racks.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    thanks guys. I've tried to call PK twice and they wont answer their phone :(. figured they may be closed yesterday due to being in Indy all weekend, but still no answer today.

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    You could check out Hilltop Firearms out of Colona IL. Out of state yes, but they have a big selection of RRA uppers. They were at the January show but I don't believe they made this one. They don't have a good website running but anything you see on RRA's site they pretty much have. Just give them a call.

Popeye81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    I wouldn't advise trying to order an upper via internet right now. Alot of companies are taking peoples money,claiming the parts are on backorder but yet when you show up at a gun show there said company is with plenty of inventory to sell.If you really want an upper just catch medium to large sized gun shows. There are always several vendors that have what you need right there to purchase instead of some company taking your money and telling you it's gonna be 6 months before they process your order.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I wouldn't advise trying to order an upper via internet right now. Alot of companies are taking peoples money,claiming the parts are on backorder but yet when you show up at a gun show there said company is with plenty of inventory to sell.If you really want an upper just catch medium to large sized gun shows. There are always several vendors that have what you need right there to purchase instead of some company taking your money and telling you it's gonna be 6 months before they process your order.

Please define "Alot". And I presume this happened to you?

Popeye81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    It's happened twice already to me. Right now the only company that I'd even consider trying to buy an upper from online is Palmetto State Armory.The rest of them are hit or miss.I buy AR goodies almost daily online and Uppers and BCG's are the items that I don't advise trying to buy online right now.I had one company take my order, charge my card and then not deliver.When I called them they told me they were gonna charge me $100 cancellation fee if I cancelled my order.Cash is king in any business so I guess some companies would just rather deal in cash face to face then deal online with the constant calls and emails about inventory and shipping estimates.AR uppers are out there in abundance and reasonably priced at most major gun shows.

Popeye81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Checkout the build it yourself section of the black gun website. Im unsure of forum protocol for outting companies that do bad business or mentioning other websites. Checkout the black gun website though. Go to the build it yourself section and spend some time reading the instock threads. It won't take you long at all to figure out who shoots straight and who doesn't.What you really need to figure out is which companies have "live" inventory and who doesn't. Companies that have "live" inventory won't have anything posted on their site that's not actually in stock. Their are quite a few companies that post product on their sites and take payment for said product when they don't even have the product to sell. They take payment and THEN use your money to source the inventory to sell to you.I've been burned like this in the recent past. Again Palmetto State Armory is a site sponsor here so I feel like I can mention them in good faith without fear of the ban hammer. Palmetto State Armory list AR uppers daily as they come in stock.I've purchased a few uppers from them recently and have taken delivery with absolutely no fuss or funny business.Their delivery time has been about 7 business days to me from them.The quality has been solid and they have been easy to deal with...I still say do your research before you buy online right now though.

Top Bottom