• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Has any one used the JP Enterprises spring kit? Did it help reduce the trigger pull weight? Did it cause light hammer strikes.

I am thinking of getting a set but if all they do is cause problems I would like to save myself the time and trouble. Thank you for any help you can offer.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The trick that was shared with me by the guy who turned me onto the JP kits was to reuse the stock disconnector spring, rather than the one that comes with the kits. I have done so, and haven't had any problems with light strikes that weren't ammo related (i.e. also had light strikes with the same ammo in other guns w/ different trigger setups). I share this tip with customers who buy the kits, and I have yet to have anyone come back in complaining of light strikes.

IMO, the JP kit is the best $12.00 you can spend cleaning up a standard military-type AR trigger.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I run a set of 4 lb on my dedicated 22 AR. No issue with setting the 22s off. Makes for a pretty nice trigger for the money invested (I use RRA parts kits)

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I used a set on a RRA 2 stage nm trigger. It lightened the trigger pull a little. Never had a light hammer strike.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have them on 3 of my AR's with zero problems even with Wolf and Tula ammo. As Shooter said use the "factory" disconnector spring. I also bent the legs about 10 degrees to lighten it up a tad more. All of them are between 3 3/4 and 4 pounds of pull, measured. Well worth the $12 at Bradis.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    6 guns, used all JP springs (the yellow ones), no light strikes on variety of factory ammo.
    I also use a setscrew to take out the creep, and even take some off the back of the trigger :)

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I've had light primer strikes with 5.56/.223. Now I just use the trigger spring from the JP set and that is only in my dedicated 22LR AR. All my other ARs have Geissele triggers in them.

Top Bottom