• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MedicMonty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Looking for a sling for my new (first) AR. Got a cheap, simple looping one included with the purchase but looking for something a little tougher and a little nicer....

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Why try to get something all "tacticool" when a sling's two main functions are to: 1) improve accuracy, and 2) provide a way to carry your weapon while freeing both hands?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You first need to decide just how you want to use it.

Will you use it mainly to carry the AR?

Will you use it to enhance accuracy via stabilization?

Will you use it to retain the AR when transitioning to pistol?

Also consider its use if you plan on training with your AR. An Appleseed will require one type of sling while a Magpul class will require another.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'm a huge fan of the Urban ERT single point slings. My Dept uses them on all of our patrol rifles.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I just ran our last Patrol Rifle inservice with my new Savvy Sniper Quad sling and I couldn't be happier. In simple words, it works. I ran it in 2 point mode most of the day with throwing it in single point during a few courses as I saw fit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvDw6i6bLr0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvDw6i6bLr0[/ame]

Last edited:

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I'm a huge fan of the Urban ERT single point slings. My Dept uses them on all of our patrol rifles.

Second that.
    And the guy is from Indiana.
    Can't beat it.

I ran an Urban ERT for about a year. I used two different slings and ended up getting the Savvy Sniper as I thought that Urban ERT's were slightly behind the curve. I had the Patrol vest sling and the Rush sling. Savvy Snipers are built in Ohio so I'm not too upset about that part, at least it's not China!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have two and I like them but the ERT isn't going to work well at an Appleseed. The Military sling isn't going to work well in a carbine class. I also have a Troy single point and like it for it's simplicity but it's imposible to adjust. What are you wanting to do?

MedicMonty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Thanks, all, for the replies. I'm very new to AR's so it's tough for me to say what's most important to me, so I guess I'm looking for something pretty versatile. Looking forward to getting into some training eventually to learn how to use the rifle and sling both - I'll look into those appleseed courses, for sure.

Thanks again for all the leads.

Top Bottom