• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I want to get a good quality red dot for it next spring, when my wallet can afford it. I have no rear sight right now. I just need something inexpensive to use for plinking until I get the optic.

Gotcha, makes sense. +1 on the MBUS then.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I ended up getting a no-name sight from a fellow INGOer for free. Seems robust enough for what I need it for until I get my optic at the beginning of the year. I'll shoot it when I get some time and report back.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    I researched BUIS a fair amount recently for my own purpose. The best sets for their perspective price ranges seem to be KAC, Troy and Magpul. Matech is a favorable mention too. A genuine MBUS set in black can be had on eBay for <$65, other colors tend to be higher.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Chopped carry handle is nice and solid. There was a guy on GB a year or so back selling these for $18 apiece. Wish I'd bought a ton of them. Still gotta dress 'em down and clean them up a bit.

Attachments

• Carry Handle Sight (Small).jpg
      Carry Handle Sight (Small).jpg
      106 KB · Views: 10

TKDMaster10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2015
    Avon, IN
    Magpul MBUS are good. I have a PSA polymer rear sight on my 7.5 AR pistol and I freaking love it, but unfortunately I think they stopped selling them :(

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Within 100 yards, an iron front sight with no rear sight is just as fast and accurate as any RDS. You really don't need a rear sight to get hits, you need a consistent cheek weld and you do that by putting the wing of the charging handle of the AR into your nostril. You make your eye the rear sight. Dean Ingmire taught me this long before RDS ever hit the market.

I get laughed at whenever I say this, but nobody has ever proved me wrong.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've shot the free no-name sight with good results. It's more accurate than I am right now. I've only put about 300 rounds through the gun but I'm happy for now.

Top Bottom