• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I wonder how much (if any) the price trend has to do with people not wanting to pay outrageous prices for guns that they can't get ammo for.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I wonder how much (if any) the price trend has to do with people not wanting to pay outrageous prices for guns that they can't get ammo for.

I doubt it... I'm sure there are a good number of these that got purchased and put into a closet, etc without thought of ammo price/availability.

If these folks were thinking very rationally, paying such inflated prices would not be happening.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anyone see any Colt LE6920's? If so, what is the current going rate?

Brownsberg Walmart got 4 LE69320's in last week for 1079.99 all sold in 4 hrs after being out. Whittakers in KY has been getting them in ranging from 1100-1300. Everywhere else they are 2500+ ive seen

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Anyone see any Colt LE6920's? If so, what is the current going rate?
    I bought one with the Magpul setup. Paid $1250 out the door. The dealer asked if was interested in reselling it. He would give me $1600. He said he was getting $1800-$2000 for them used. That was a few weeks ago tho. Not seen a new one on shelves since mid December.

FrankTank83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Great idea to track these data, puts everything into perspective. Now that you have tracked actual sales, I wonder what the graph would look like if you overlaid average asking prices from Armslist? I don't think those have dropped much, but it would be neat to see :).

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Thanks for accumulating the data. Takes quite a bit of time. I have to say I have seen the same trend - almost to the dollar- at the various gun shows I have attended. Indy, Kokomo, Tipton and Lafayette (today). Did find one vendor with a LOT of primers. Really pretty reasonable prices - I bought a 5,000 round carton for $170 - Winchester LR Magnum. Saw a guy buy at least 25,000 and load them in the trunk of a car with Illinois plates. Also found some "new" 223 LC 62 Gr bullets for $90 /500. A little high but been looking for some for about 2 months - pulls or new- without finding ANY. I would say all guns, ammo and Mags were still way above the price I would pay!

eagle5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Where's your source for this?

This is the third update on AR price tracking.

On December 28th I decided to track the final sales price of ARs to determine when we may peak on the current crazy price situation. I tagged bids on GB for a standard Bushmaster 16" E2S NIB-- no used guns, no special add-ons like optics, just a vanilla .223 that would typically retail prior to the crisis at something under $1000.

*snip*

Source is in OP.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I see about half the comments are asking for a source, which is in the OP. Or complaining that the prices in their neck of the woods haven't come down. (Are they really complaining that they missed the boat and want to gouge someone on a 3x priced gun?)

The bubble burst, market is FLOODED with people looking to make a buck but no more crazy buyers. Sorry.

Now mags, that may still be on the table but your guns are fine.

Write/Call your reps!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I see about half the comments are asking for a source, which is in the OP. Or complaining that the prices in their neck of the woods haven't come down. (Are they really complaining that they missed the boat and want to gouge someone on a 3x priced gun?)

The bubble burst, market is FLOODED with people looking to make a buck but no more crazy buyers. Sorry.

Now mags, that may still be on the table but your guns are fine.

Write/Call your reps!

I did, they didn't have any mags either. :dunno:

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    This is the third update on AR price tracking.

On December 28th I decided to track the final sales price of ARs to determine when we may peak on the current crazy price situation. I tagged bids on GB for a standard Bushmaster 16" E2S NIB-- no used guns, no special add-ons like optics, just a vanilla .223 that would typically retail prior to the crisis at something under $1000.

I took an average of those bids on days where I was able to find at least six representative transactions that closed for this rifle. I did not include any data where the final bid was under the reserve, nor did I include any data from sellers who did not have at least one point of feedback.

The averages over the last six weeks are as follows:

avgpricefeb10_zps1b5a835b.jpg

As you can see, the prices peaked on December 29th, dipped and then another local high point on January 14th, the day before the 23 presidential executive orders were announced.

Prices have been decreasing since that time, and have been bouncing between $1200 and $1300 over the past week.

The general trend has been down.

For those interested, the lowest sales price in the past six weeks was $975, and the highest was $2,275.

Really, really well done here. I'm a data-driven guy anyways and this is great information for me as I'm considering picking up my first AR. :yesway: Well done.

SwiftStorm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Kokomo
    Glad to see the prices coming down. Hopefully, the .22lr ammo will be in the stores soon. Kids and I love to put holes in paper.

Avar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    Great to see. Only $400 more to go!
    Regarding 22LR, Walmart was $32.70. Better than alternative, but $10 higher than it was. Even the salesman that rang me up said that the price didn't seem right and had to double check it. Oh well, 500 more rounds to have fun with.

Top Bottom