• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you build the pistol with a 10.5+ barrel and a standard length buffer tube you won't be giving up any reliability or ballistics as copaired to an SBR.

If you try to shoot it like a regular handgun you will be disappointed. With the correct technique you will lose very little to a carbine.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Ok I can understand as a starter SBR, sure. But if you aren't going to SBR this thing, I don't get the point in having it.

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    In the state of indiana you (with a LTCP) can have a loaded pistol in car. So if you wanted you could
    carry an AR15 Pistol fully loaded. You can Not carry a loaded rifle in your car.
    So from a personal carry weapon in car (with multi-able magazines) it might be a weapon of choice.
    30 rd clips and lots of them should you need them.
    Perfect for some people.
    Cant carry a loaded shotgun legally. But an ar pistol can shoot along way - than a snub nose 38
    Or 357.
    This is reason i will use this for carry in vehicle.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    In the state of indiana you (with a LTCP) can have a loaded pistol in car. So if you wanted you could
    carry an AR15 Pistol fully loaded. You can Not carry a loaded rifle in your car.
    So from a personal carry weapon in car (with multi-able magazines) it might be a weapon of choice.
    Perfect for some people.
    Cant carry a loaded shotgun legally. But an ar pistol can shoot along way - than a snub nose 38
    Or 357.
    Lol... What? Did you get your law degree from a box of Cracker Jacks?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Perfect for some people.
    Or 357.

You can carry a rifle or shotgun in Indiana any way you choose. In your car, on your bike, down the street on the sidewalk. No license/permit required. IMHO, a pistol AR is worthless. I have a pistol buffertube, and yes I've shot them. AR's were designed to be shoulder fired for a reason.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    "Whats the point in having a AR pistol?" Whats the point of any handgun when the rifle version is better in everyway...? But to actually answer this question I'll go ahead and venture out and categorize the role of this weapon (ie sniper rifle, cc gun, oc gun, home defense gun, etc). I'd call it a Novelty gun. Same thing I'd call Rossi's version of the Mare's leg. Not too practical but pretty fun. AR pistol, not too practical but fun.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I've enjoyed this thread more than any other thread during the previous month.

ETA: I think it might be fun to shoot an AR pistol or a super-shorty shotgun but after a day at the range I imagine they would just sit in the safe.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Perfect for some people.
    Or 357.

-1 burger king.

If anyone is curious, this is a good example of bad information.

To avoid confusion, I will attempt to edit...

Top Bottom