• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I am going to chime in with the others and tell you to try real ammo, brass cased to start with before you blame your rifle for Tula junk not cycling. I might as well have burned my money instead of throwing it away on a case of Tula .223.

It is so poorly loaded that some round fire ok, and some when I remove them from the chamber when they don't eject properly are ice cold. And this is from a Norinco 84S-1 as well as a Romanian SAR-3 that until trying the Tula would cycle anything as a good AK variant should. To say they wouldn't cycle my closer tolerance M4gery is an understatement.

Try some good brass ammo before you blame your rifle.
    agreed if a ak is having issues with it you need some different ammo.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Probably not your issue, but it was a first for me.
    I had the identical one-shot-wonder situation at the range two days ago with my AR15 in 7.62x39.
    Upon inspection I found that one of the feed lips on my mag were bent down.
    I remembered dropping that mag when I pulled it out of my range bag, but I had not really looked at it when I picked it up.
    It took about 15 seconds with a crescent wrench to straighten out the feed lip and now it runs just fine again.

Long way of asking, are you sure it's your rifle, and not a mag issue?

JDvader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Evansville, IN
    If you haven't already checked, make sure your after market gas block is rock solid. I had trouble trying to switch to a low profile block. It was a clamp on style, and even with thread locker it would back off the gas port. I could fire the first shot or two, then it would short stroke and fail to feed the next round.

Top Bottom