• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Why not? Lots of people are using the election as an excuse to stock up on/horde lowers (not realizing that if there's a ban, they'll be all but worthless, since there's no such thing as a "pre-ban lower"), so that quickly depleted an already tight supply chain. I sold 20 stripped lowers in less than a week, which is about 4x what I normally move. New production lowers are going into guns now for the most part, which means that the supply of stripped lowers will take some time to bounce back. BCGs and many other parts are becoming even harder to come by, for the same reason.
    If it's anything like the last ban then there is such a thing as a pre-ban lower. The last ban only banned certain features on rifles made after it took effect. A pre-ban lower, being manufactured prior to the ban taking effect, could still have those features added onto it. You may have a hard time finding somebody that sold said accessories, but they could still be added.

Flash-hiders for example: pre-ban lowers, even during the ban, could have them added. You would most likely have to thread the barrel and get lucky enough to find a flash hider to put on it, but it could be done.

That being said, a new ban most likely will not follow the same pattern. But the only thing I can think of to stop this from being done would be a 100% ban on all AR15 style rifles which would effectively halt production of uppers too. That is the only thing I can imagine being put into effect that would prevent a person from making a non-ban rifle with a pre-ban lower. And if that were put into effect I'm sure SCOTUS would be ruling on a case within a few years on banning an entire "group" of rifles.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    Why not? Lots of people are using the election as an excuse to stock up on/horde lowers (not realizing that if there's a ban, they'll be all but worthless, since there's no such thing as a "pre-ban lower"), so that quickly depleted an already tight supply chain. I sold 20 stripped lowers in less than a week, which is about 4x what I normally move. New production lowers are going into guns now for the most part, which means that the supply of stripped lowers will take some time to bounce back. BCGs and many other parts are becoming even harder to come by, for the same reason.

i disagree with this.... using prior bans as an example the lower is the firearm and if it was manufactured before the date would be exempt from the ban.... hence why old crappy lowers sell for 6-700 in states like new york.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I guess the ones I saw at the shop yesterday were holograms then. Maybe the uppers don't exist either! OMG!! Ghost guns!! :dunno:

I PM'd him immediately after you claimed they were in stock, and he replied immediately saying "They are long gone".

Like Mr. Lannon from 8th grade once said.....Don't talk about things you don't fully comprehend.

Top Bottom