• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    My AR is throwing a flash or spark from under the forward handguard. Picatinny railed forearm, carbine length gas tube. You can occasionally see (and feel) a flash or good sized spark shoot out from in there somewhere.

What's going on here? Any thoughts as to what would cause this? Problem with the gas tube? Can tell b/c it happens so fast and is gone.

Functions ok except for getting a stuck Wolf case every now and then. Brass cycles great.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Sounds to me a new gas tube is in order. Others may chime in but thats the way id be leaning to. Remove your handgaurd an see if the tube is loose or has holes or ne thing in it

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    So, anyone have experience with a gas tube doing this? Is it going to blow up if I keep shooting it or just start having malfunction problems?

Eventually enough gas will escape and you will have fuctioning issues, ie short stroking, FTE etc...... its an easy replace, and a cheap part (under $10), order it with a few other small items (spare firing pin, springs, armorer tools etc...) to save on shipping.

They even sell a tube removal tool that does come in handy, especially if you want to pull one (w/o bending it) and want to reuse it.

HTH,

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Its a low pro four sided pic rail sight block. This is ridiculous. I'm going back to my AK as my primary.

Like any other weapon, its only as good as the sum of its parts, the assembler/ builder and the maintenance performed.....

Its an easy fix, dont give up.... was this purchased new or used with this gas block? Definately remove the handguards and see where the carbon is building up, that will show where the gas is escaping. Ill be surprised if its not at the gas block, maybe its just loosened after time, maybe the tube is fine.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom