• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkhan7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2014
    SS
    I've had ARs since I was 18 and in the past few months I had the bug to build a few more. I usually run nickel boron bcgs. Well I built a RR and took it to the range the other day and got 4 rounds through it and then the bcg wouldn't fully go into battery, thus I used the forward assist. I bought a fail zero for the first time and I'm asking if anyone knows if they have a certain break in point and I just need to keep shooting to break it in as that has been suggested to me. Any feedback or personal experiences would be great.

Kirkhan7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2014
    SS
    Yea I did before I went shooting. It's brand new I did not notice anything out of the ordinary. I'm just thinking I need to put a couple hundred rounds through it to break it in, but did not know if anyone else had a similar experience with fail zero

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I have had NiB BCGs including fail zeros on my ARs over the years and never experienced any problems with them. I have never had or heard of a break in period with them. Do you have another BCG you could place in it to see if it gives you the same problem? As other stated there are a lot of things that could be a factor but it's hard to say. But I doubt it's an issue of "breaking it in" :twocents:

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I have had NiB BCGs including fail zeros on my ARs over the years and never experienced any problems with them. I have never had or heard of a break in period with them. Do you have another BCG you could place in it to see if it gives you the same problem? As other stated there are a lot of things that could be a factor but it's hard to say. But I doubt it's an issue of "breaking it in" :twocents:

Very good advice if you can do it. Will help weed out possibilities.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Check clearance on where your gas tube goes into the BCG. If its off center by just a fraction, it can sometimes cause enough friction to keep he bolt from going into battery.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    what kind of oil are you using on the bolt? Some aren't made for rifles and evaporate instantly when you start shooting leaving a gunky residue. I like slip2000 for my rifles.

Kirkhan7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2014
    SS
    Solid thanks guys I appreciate it. Ill throw in a back up cmmg bcg I have an see how that runs. And I put in about 3 or 4 drops of hoppes before I shoot.

Top Bottom