• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gun Collector

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2016
    Shelby County
    After the Orlando shooting, a couple of coworkers and I were discussing the details. One of the ladies mentioned how awful it was and how we had to stop people from getting those "assault guns". "Nobody needs a gun like that. They are only for killing and you can do it so fast. We've got to get rid of these assault weapons". As she spoke, I realized her concept of an "assault weapon" was a full auto version. I asked her what an assault weapon was and she proceeded to provide me with a stereotypical left wing media description of a full auto military rifle.

At this moment something occurred to me. The liberal media demonizes ARs as the "scary evil black guns" better known as "assault weapons". They draw visions of something that creates fear in the minds of many unknowing citizens. Despite the fact that these guns are used in less than 1% of gun deaths they are determined to rid society of this danger. Is it possible that the misconceptions and fears driven by the lefties and media are making it the weapon of choice for mass murders and terrorists?

My thinking is if I'm going to commit a crime, I want all the edge I can get. I need tools that will bring fear into my victims. Fear equals control. I know a chunk of the population is fearful and ignorant of the AR. So I'm more likely to select this gun over others.

So my theory is: Maybe the noise from the left is breeding the very thing that we are trying to avoid.

Opinions please?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No doubt about it. Mass killers are after attention. They get that with a large body count and scary weapons. The left has been idolizing them for years by repeating their names thousands of times in the media while searching for who they can blame other than the shooter.

Mass shootings aren't new but they sure didn't happen with the frequency they did 30 years ago. Another lovely phenomena brought to you by the "progressive" left.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The people who want gun control are interested in only one end, total ban of private firearms possession in America. The words are irrelevant, back in the 60s it was "Saturday night special" later it was "cop killer bullets", moving on to "assault weapons", maybe someday it will be "plasma rifles" who knows. It's a fraud put forth by those who don't want to confront the real problem which is the bad behavior of the people with the machine they want to ban.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The people who want gun control are interested in only one end, total ban of private firearms possession in America. The words are irrelevant, back in the 60s it was "Saturday night special" later it was "cop killer bullets", moving on to "assault weapons", maybe someday it will be "plasma rifles" who knows. It's a fraud put forth by those who don't want to confront the real problem which is the bad behavior of the people with the machine they want to ban.

slow clap

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    One way to test this theory would be for the government to make full auto weapons legal for everyone that is able to own a firearm legally. Then over a period of time, track the number of mass shootings where a full auto firearm is involved.

DFu4ever

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2016
    Hobart
    Mass shootings aren't new but they sure didn't happen with the frequency they did 30 years ago. Another lovely phenomena brought to you by the "progressive" left.

Yet total gun violence is down over the last 30 years. I think violence across the board is down, actually.

And I wouldn't be so fast to blame the progressive left. Blame the news media's drive for ratings. And I'm not talking about the perceived liberal or conservative media. ALL of the media. Controversy and tragedy breeds ratings, ratings bring the money, and money rules this country these days.

A lot of the anti-gun stuff from the left, the more head-scratcher stuff, comes because of basic ignorance of firearms, or in the case of some politicians, they've chosen it as their moneymaking policy. This doesn't just happen with the gun control topic. It happens with a myriad of topics in this country that both sides push.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The attack on scary black weapons is to drum up support from the stupid masses who would choose safety over liberty.

The AR is a symbol, a rally cry used to gain the beachhead to destroy our liberty. Ban the simple semi auto AR then you also have to ban the semi auto Glock, the pump action shotgun, the revolver then all arms with which to protect yourself.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yet total gun violence is down over the last 30 years. I think violence across the board is down, actually.

And I wouldn't be so fast to blame the progressive left. Blame the news media's drive for ratings. And I'm not talking about the perceived liberal or conservative media. ALL of the media. Controversy and tragedy breeds ratings, ratings bring the money, and money rules this country these days.

A lot of the anti-gun stuff from the left, the more head-scratcher stuff, comes because of basic ignorance of firearms, or in the case of some politicians, they've chosen it as their moneymaking policy. This doesn't just happen with the gun control topic. It happens with a myriad of topics in this country that both sides push.

The media, yes they're pushing an agenda.
    That would be the agenda of the progressive left.
    Big government is good and necessary.
    Individuals should submit to the State for the betterment of the "greater good".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And they foolishly believe that then 'the state' would hesitate even slightly to kill them if they got in the way of its agenda

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And they foolishly believe that then 'the state' would hesitate even slightly to kill them if they got in the way of its agenda

They NEVER realize the State could be against them.
    They think it's okay, because the State would always go their way.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    No doubt about it. Mass killers are after attention. They get that with a large body count and scary weapons. The left has been idolizing them for years by repeating their names thousands of times in the media while searching for who they can blame other than the shooter.

Bingo. The left has changed America so much in the last 30 years so as to create these killers by changing the way they think.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom