• ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I wonder why the miltary uses geissele triggers then.:n00b:

Maybe we shouldn't make up stuff.

I misread what he said first time through this thread and thought he was including Giessele in with the mil spec... What you say is very true, the military does use giessele triggers.

Sounds like an echo of something he read on the internet maybe.
    I am not all about competition triggers in any way. But an SAA is not a competition trigger and is even marketed as a combat trigger. It is great quality IMO.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I wonder why the miltary uses geissele triggers then.:n00b:

Maybe we shouldn't make up stuff.

I have seen it with my own eyes. Rock river ar15 with a geissele trigger, wouldn't fire the rounds, magazine dropped, put into a mil spec trigger ar15, fired all rounds until empty. Worked fine with civilian .223 and 5.56 both. But wouldn't set off the LC 55 grain mil spec ammo, or the M855. Ever think that they only use geissele triggers for marksmen that aren't using M855? So maybe before you accuse people of stuff, you should use your brain, and not be a jerk about it.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have seen it with my own eyes. Rock river ar15 with a geissele trigger, wouldn't fire the rounds, magazine dropped, put into a mil spec trigger ar15, fired all rounds until empty. Worked fine with civilian .223 and 5.56 both. But wouldn't set off the LC 55 grain mil spec ammo, or the M855. Ever think that they only use geissele triggers for marksmen that aren't using M855? So maybe before you accuse people of stuff, you should use your brain, and not be a jerk about it.

Hmm that's odd. I didn't know the striking force was any different... Sorry I came off rude as well but I personally have also seen several rounds with geissele triggers and some crappy ammo as well as the stuff you are talking about and it always worked fantastic. Everyone I know who has them has never had a problem.... Can't argue with with what you've seen, but I guess I'll just sing a different song.

Last edited:

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011

If only the company wasn't founded by making triggers for the miltary. One of the requirements being full weight hammer etc....
    They don't only use them for DMR's you just have to be special to get one.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    If you would we can go in on a case of LC and run it through my BCM with a SSA-E and if it doesn't run ill pick up the tab and if it does you can foot the bill?

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I did forget to ask are you sure you installed it correctly? Did you put it back in exactly like the GI trigger?

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    69   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Installed an SSA on Sunday and it is slick. Very crisp and very smooth. Ran xm193 and some tula that I got for free and everything went bang everytime.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I played with the Geissele triggers at the Indy NRA show last year. I really could not tell the difference between the SSA and the G2S, so i saved a few bucks and bought 2 of the G2S triggers. Actually, the trigger installed in the rifle feels even better than the demo model at the NRA show. Since then, we have purchased more triggers for the other rifles. The Geissele hammer springs are full power. I am showing a deeper hit on the primers compared to my stock AR triggers.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    wow well thanks everybody for their input with the trigger, iv never used one and I want a great trigger and for the price it needs to pretty damn good,

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    I have an ALG Defense ACT and a geissele SSA. Both are excellent triggers. If you're budget minded, go for the QMS or ACT. If you don't mind spending a bit more, the SSA and SSA-E are excellent triggers that aren't as touchy as the competition or DMR triggers.

Top Bottom