• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    If your creative ,pic one you like and go to ebay and buy the materials and do it your self.I had enough material to make 6,spent like 30 to 40 dollars on all of them. Alot of the buckles are the same as used for horse tack.I cant remember the name of the store I picked up the 1 1/2 in and 1 in web.,buckles,and latches,but my nephew is a Ranger and he couldnt believe they were homemade.

matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    The padded VTACs are great. My favorite slings are the Blue Force Gear VCAS slings. They are the simplest to operate sling that I have used. The build quality and materials are great.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    The ert looks mighty good. The ms2 magpul looks nice as well. Dont know what route I want to go single point wise.

Edit: The adjustment on that viking....:yesway:

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Dont know what route I want to go single point wise.

I have experimented with a LOT of slings over the years - 3 point, single point, and 2 point. IME, single-point slings are best employed:

1) on relatively short/light guns

2) if you are able to physically control the muzzle at all times

3) if you don't plan on doing a lot of movement (covering ground; hiking, walking, patrolling, etc)

IMO, the MS2 is a single-point sling that can be reconfigured to give you some additional muzzle control in certain applications, but it does not have the same level of functionality or comfort in the 2-point configuration as does the VTAC or VCAS.

My :twocents:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Good points. I plan on putting one on a 15-22. I know that it has one spot for a single point on it.

The buffer tube and lower receiver on an M&P-15/22 are a single piece and lack the castle nut and endplate, which would preclude installation of the Magpul ASAP sling mount. So you'd either need to go with a different sling, or rig up another way of mounting the MS2.

I've had good luck with the Gear Sector ASP single-point, made right here in Indiana. I'm sure the Urban ERT guys (also Hoosiers) could hook you up as well.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Ok all that stuff u said is :dunno: to me considering I dont own a rifle & havent shot one at all. I kind of understand but not fully. I plan on the moe version. That has the QD Sling Swivel Attachment Point :dunno:.

Give me your input on that sir. I was quoted 550 from your shop and may or may not go local with my purchase considering I have found them for about 500 even.

I know u know what it looks like but here it is. I have seen the gear sectors today. Been looking at just slings today. Op beat me to making this same thread.

pix2562763234.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Ok all that stuff u said is :dunno: to me considering I dont own a rifle & havent shot one at all. I kind of understand but not fully.

[Airplane]
    Excuse me, stewardess. I speak jive.
    [/Airplane]

:):

In layman's terms, the Magpul MS2 sling that you mentioned in a previous post is designed to use their attachment point, called an ASAP sling plate. It is not possible to install the ASAP on an M&P-15/22 due to the way the lower receiver/buffer tube is designed. You could still use the MS2 sling in conjunction with the swivel on the rifle pictured above, but you might lose some functionality.

Does that make more sense?

I plan on the moe version. That has the QD Sling Swivel Attachment Point :dunno:.

Give me your input on that sir.

I like the QD sling swivels; I've got them on both ends of my VTAC slings and the corresponding sockets on all my rifles, so I can plug-and-play as desired. I don't have to have a sling for each rifle, and being able to easily remove the sling saves storage space and prevents tangling in the safe and gun bag.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    [Airplane]
    Excuse me, stewardess. I speak jive.
    [/Airplane]

:):

In layman's terms, the Magpul MS2 sling that you mentioned in a previous post is designed to use their attachment point, called an ASAP sling plate. It is not possible to install the ASAP on an M&P-15/22 due to the way the lower receiver/buffer tube is designed. You could still use the MS2 sling in conjunction with the swivel on the rifle pictured above, but you might lose some functionality.

Does that make more sense?

I like the QD sling swivels; I've got them on both ends of my VTAC slings and the corresponding sockets on all my rifles, so I can plug-and-play as desired. I don't have to have a sling for each rifle, and being able to easily remove the sling saves storage space and prevents tangling in the safe and gun bag.

Yes it does. I see a lot of your posts and most of the time they make me just go... :dunno:

But thanks. :yesway:

Top Bottom