• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Nice, Mike! How'd you get the 'box logo on the stock and mag?

oops! I put that info in the AR15 picture thread but not this one.

Had it done by A Breon Custom

Home Page

He (Adam) mostly does Magpul mags, but also does the TI-7 stock on special order right now, until he can afford to keep some on hand.

For FDE, Foliage, and OD he makes a overlay (tape or cut vinyl?) and then "dips" the part into black dye.

For the red, he first dips into red dye, then the overlay, and then into black.

He has quite the talent :rockwoot: I myself would end up making a mess of it :):

P1150603.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Thanks for the bump(s)!!!!! Ill be in the market for a stock to complete my first AR build here in the next couple months probly, this will help alot im thinking. Lots of good info in here

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Changing it up a little, since I prefer fixed stocks. ARFX stock from Doublestar.

arfx.png

Some info off Brownells:
    Machined al Mfg: Double Star SPECS: 6061-T6, heat-treated, aircraft grade aluminum, Type 3, mil. spec. hard-anodized, matte black. 10" (25.4cm) long. 10.4 oz. (296 g) wt.

Pros:
    Lightweight
    Fixed length (if that's what you're into)
    Foam is comfy, stays cool in summer, not freezing cold in winter.
    Consistent cheek weld.

Cons:
    Uses buffer tube as support. It's very strong but it may turn some people off.
    Foam can get worn, tears and whatever else. Some people use 550 cord instead.
    Fixed length (if that's what you're not into).  

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    how do you like the str? i had the acs but don't really need the compartment a the back/bottom of the stock? cheek weld the same for the most part?

Love the STR, I also had an ACS and felt that the overall length was too much.
    Cheek weld is pretty much the same.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Why aren't more people running these? They look nice, have they gotten bad reviews or something? This might be an option for one of my builds if it works well.

They are "old school" :): at the time Magpul was making them, guys were eating them up. Then new designs came along.

There must still be a good market for Ergo to start producing them.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I like the ERGO F93. There is absolutely no slop in one that I have on one of my ARs. Although a little play may not actually affect the accuracy of your rifle, I do not care for it and do not care to hear a buttstock rattle.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Colt Rogers Super Stock. Take off stock from my dad's Colt. He prefers the ACS-L.

Very light weight. Comparable to the Magpul CTR. Has a posi lock and QD options. Not able to add an extended butt pad though. This stock does work universally on either mil-spec or commercial tubes. The locking lever is adjustable which makes either tube possible.

Top Bottom