Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    IMG202408241422012 - Copy.jpg

New entry for the 11.5 supremacy gang.

Basically an across the board mid-tier gun. The upper is a nitride BA carbine barrel and a Microbest chrome BCG with a Radian SD charging handle. Came from a one man show called Gluten Free Gear who posted on r/gundeals at a very reasonable price. Seems to be competently assembled and everything is straight. Lower is a regular ol PSA with a Larue trigger. Optic is a PA Nova.

Front end of the gun is where all the money went. YHM T3, Holosun LE117IR, Arisaka 600 light, and a Unity Axon to run them. Unity products are astonishingly, stupid expensive for a freaking button, but in their defense the plugs engage very solidly and everything worked on the first try. Arisaka makes a neat light and their website lets you pick out exactly what you want, how you want to mount it, and how you want to run it.

Gassing is alright for the time being. Might up the buffer weight a little to bring the ejection pattern back, but it's not eye-watering or anything.

Much as I love my 16" 6920 quad rail and intend to keep it, I just needed something lighter to run the full suite of LPVO, light, can, and laser on. Hanging all that off the end of a 16" government gun with an FSB cutout rail was a come to Jesus moment, my arms weren't even holding up to larping around the house with it. This is my most "ultramodern" kitted gun right now and, yeah, there's a reason why everyone's rifle looks like this now. I have daylight PID out to 5.56 effective range, white light, suppression, and at least modest night capability with my PVS7. No IR illuminator for now. Sure would be nice to find a 1" QD Mlok mount for the left side, so I could keep a cheap IR flashlight on my kit and clip it on when needed. Passive NV aiming is still no-go, but I'd need a new NV device for that and really don't want to give up the etched reticle and PID value of the LPVO. Feeling pretty good about this whole setup, at least for my AO.

50 yard zero group:

IMG20240817141125 - Copy.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Big fan of the 1907 pattern bayonet.
    I bought me a spare nose cap from an SMLE and had my gunsmith modify it.
    Just got it back the other day...
    It's now bolted to the rail of my Daniel Defense DDM4 V7s 11.5" pistol.
    Next, it's due for a rattle can job here soon.

Q: "What makes the green grass grow?"
    A: "Blood, Drill Sgt, Blood!"

Bayonet 1.JPG

Bayonet 2.JPG

camaroz2808

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    tiW5o4Ph.jpg

In on one , LWRC IC-Di
    Is that the model Sportsman has on sale? How's it been for ya?

Top Bottom