• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Honestly, you don't need to spend a bunch on a lower. All it does is contain parts. Rock River, Stag, Spikes, ETC. The trigger group maters most. Same for the upper. Your barrel and bolt are most important. If you want to spend the extra money, go for it. I can't see why pay for a name though. I'll put my $700 build up against any "high end" AR.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Honestly, you don't need to spend a bunch on a lower. All it does is contain parts. Rock River, Stag, Spikes, ETC. The trigger group maters most. Same for the upper. Your barrel and bolt are most important. If you want to spend the extra money, go for it. I can't see why pay for a name though. I'll put my $700 build up against any "high end" AR.

Yep, if you pay attention to the parts you can build something comparable to the high dollar builds while saving money. While it might be nice to have a pretty matched upper and lower, the lightest furniture, or a sexy rollmark those things aren't necessary to build a quality rifle.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Well i will just have to build both a spikes and seekings, i do love the punisher logo on the spikes but as long as they are a good quality I'll stick with them and seekings of course,

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I had a Spikes AR very nice rifle and you can't go wrong with them. I currently have a Seekins forged lower that I have built as a pistol and it is very high quality. I'm building a Shadow Ops billet lower right and so far I'm happy. If you go the forged route you just need to stay away from the poly lowers and the others that folks have talked about. If you decide to go with billet then you have a few choices. I do love the look of the Seekins but for the price I got the Shadow Ops for I just couldn't say no.

Top Bottom