• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    No, I'm not looking to make my house smell better ;)

Have a Del-Ton receiver, doing my 1st AR build. Not looking for a precision rifle so I don't need a match grade trigger; will probably be a trail rifle, maybe a predator killer. First, it seems a lot of good value lower kits are out-of-stock at the moment, in addition, I would like to have some ability to choose my own trigger guard, pistol grip, etc. Am I better off backordering a whole lower parts kit and then buying parts to swap, or getting some parts from here, some from there, etc. to put together the parts I need.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    There are lpk's sold without trigger group. I bought a handful of them when PSA had them on sale a while back. You are then free to choose what kind of trigger you would like to add.

g3man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    I would and have usually always bought complete parts kits or parts kits that just exclude the trigger group. The parts that usually go unused are the pistol grip, trigger guard, and trigger group. A lot of my builds I have usually substituted aftermarket parts that I prefer to use for the parts I mentioned above. Aside from the pistol grips its kind of nice having extra AR parts hanging around if you have multiple ARs or if you help friends with there builds from time to time.

JCatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    You have more flexibility in selecting individual components but will likely pay more. I have used a few CMMG kits the seem quality for $55-70. Also PSA will have complete lower build kits, from 79 for the "classic" kit or you can get an MOE kit for around $100 on sale. One more thing is getting a spring kit and pin kit then adding other components that you like.

Top Bottom