• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Oh, and for those wondering if the .300BLK has some punch to it, just ask the dueling tree and those that witnessed it. :rockwoot:

This was my second time shooting .300BLK (the first time is shown in the OP).

I was extremely surprised at how hard the rounds were hitting the steel when compared to hits from .223. Part of the time was spent shooting a dueling tree, but we had to stop because the paddles would simply bounce back into place after being walloped.

Stranger still was the fact that it delivered that kind of punch without any noticeable difference in recoil (compared again to .223).

Justin gave me one of his .300BLK rounds as a souvenir. When I pulled it out of my pocket at home later that evening I noted how much heavier it felt in the hand. I set it on my dresser to taunt me into another short upper. :D

A few more pics. . .

11295f12.jpg

9bd156a9.jpg

fd54260a.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just have to decide, a short 9mm or the .300blk upper first? I can drive 3 minutes and shoot the 9mm, it takes me over an hour drive to shoot the rifle calibers...

Short .300BLK upper. Buy a .22 conversion for your .223 if you wanna shoot close by. ;)

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Short .300BLK upper. Buy a .22 conversion for your .223 if you wanna shoot close by. ;)

I already have 2 conversions. :D As you're shopping for yours, shop for mine as well. ;) I guess you saw my 2 additions to the NFA timeline thread. Both are designed with the .300BLK in mind.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm days away from getting my SBR stamp and a few expense checks away from getting that Noveske 8" barrel. :rockwoot:

The next big question is do I get a real 30 cal rifle caliber suppressor or just stick with the subsonic through the 9mm can. Hmm...

loki.fish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I'm days away from getting my SBR stamp and a few expense checks away from getting that Noveske 8" barrel. :rockwoot:

The next big question is do I get a real 30 cal rifle caliber suppressor or just stick with the subsonic through the 9mm can. Hmm...

I think you should get a real 30 cal can. Until then, you can keep doing the subs only through the 9mm can though :D

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If I order one now I wonder if it would come before I get SBR approval...

Now that I have my stamp you can just ship it to me. I'll grant you full visitation rights.

Hmm... wondering if I should let loose of some info...

I can't say who yet but there's a small well known manufacturer who will be making 300 BLK barrels and my H&K style 3 lug 9mm pistol suppressor will fit right onto the end with no adapter needed. If your Google-fu is strong you might be able to figure out who I'm talking about. I can't say yet. :cool:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom