• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Some one needs to run a AR-15 Build class. Figure out what students need to supply parts tools etc. Set up a location figure out class size and cost. Also make room for a 70 year old student who is ready to learn. I think some one with know how to share could make some money from this and make an old retiree happy.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Hey miles, put your locztion in your profile, and start a post asking for someone willing to teach you. AR15's are very easy to do, and I am sure one of our members would be more than happpy to help you out!

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Hey miles, put your locztion in your profile, and start a post asking for someone willing to teach you. AR15's are very easy to do, and I am sure one of our members would be more than happpy to help you out!

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I would gladly spend some time teaching you what I know. I'm building one now, albeit at a snails pace.

I live in Richmond which would make it a little difficult to get over your way on my days off but I work in Fishers and would gladly spend my lunch time talking about my favorite subject.

I work at the 96th St exit off 69. I also work retail which makes it difficult to predict my lunch time. If you want to get together sometime, let me know what days and times work best for you and I will see if I can get away from work for a while.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Also, I have found that Youtube has been quite beneficial for ar15 related assembly questions. Just doing a quick search, I easily found two videos (below are 2 for the lower) which would help guide one through the process.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_Vkb2UB1w[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq4KfUaVp8M[/ame]

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    3 or 4 years ago applied ballistics in Lafayette was offering AR build classes. They sold you all the parts in several different configurations, you pick what you want and then they sit you down and teach you how to put it together with the proper tools. Reasonable prices too, $700 up depending on what you wanted. Might look into that if you wanted.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    INGO has held several AR build parties in years past, at Marion Co. Fish & Game on the west side of Indy. I have no interest in organizing such an event myself, but if someone else wants to step up and get it done, I would be happy to show up with my tools and assist folks in putting together their uppers and lowers.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    let's pick a date to do this again. sometime in the winter works well. early December or early January. ill organize if there's enough interest.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Thanks for the great links a lot of good information. I bookmarked it. I now need to gather information on what to buy and where to start. i think this maybe my winter project.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    INGO has held several AR build parties in years past, at Marion Co. Fish & Game on the west side of Indy. I have no interest in organizing such an event myself, but if someone else wants to step up and get it done, I would be happy to show up with my tools and assist folks in putting together their uppers and lowers.

let's pick a date to do this again. sometime in the winter works well. early December or early January. ill organize if there's enough interest.

:+1:

I can bring my tools and help assist as well.

Fireman85

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    We were talking just the other day at the firehouse about how it would be nice for somebody to teach even one on one for a small fee would be cool.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Organize it, and they will come. :ingo:

Yes, I am aware.

Lets shoot for the first half of January, 2013. A quick glance at the calendar shows the weekend of January 12/13 as being a good time. I don't know my work schedule just yet for that time frame but I should be able to do that weekend pretty easily.
    Any objections?

Top Bottom