• Status
    Not open for further replies.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Not the whole family, just my Ruger SR556 and my "Space" Rifle that I assembled, I wanted something that would look like it was in a SciFi movie and this was what I was able to do, gonna get it Ceracoated eventually but for now it is a nice shooter as is…

3SmEc5E.jpg

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Very nice! I still haven't ordered one yet, but I did get the gun out.

18DB7E19-107C-4AD3-854A-E9918A83AB89_zps59reiu1b.png

MK12 sexyness right there :drool: I am going to go play with it next week in the evenings when there aren't many people there, since I have to do paperwork for my surefire socom thats hitting their door next thursday, supposedly its one of the best/quietest 556 cans out there, cant wait to try! Gives me an excuse to sight in those really expensive iron sights on that gun that have done nothing but look good :abused:

I have all the pieces that are extremely hard to get for a MOD 0, like the ARMS PEQ swan sleeve, so may have to put one like yours together soon....

Wolf1661

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am proud of my build. It was really easy. Front take down pin was a pain. I did have an issue with the Gas Block. I didn't tighten it down enough. Found out quickly when it became a bolt action AR. Also learned not to let kids touch the optics. I gotta go set the crosshairs. I should only have to lower it a bit. Have to pick up my 20 gauge today. Mossberg 500. Then pay off my SD40VE. Decided my PT101 AF is going to be expensive to fix the rear sight. I am thinking of doing an AR Pistol Build. Got some ideas in my head for the colors. Thought about supporting our Boys in Blue. Blue M-Lok or Key Mod Hand Guard. Blue grip, then a black angled fore grip. I was thinking a black lower with a badge and having a blue line going through. Maybe let it say I Support our Boys in Blue! Not sure about the upper. I will go for a Stainless barrel. I have some other ideas as well.
    IMG_1534.jpgIMG_1530.jpgIMG_1374.jpg

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Six Dutch AR10s

Left to right
    1) Transitional AR10 semi-auto
    2) Transitional full-auto AR10, C&R, nearly unfired
    3) Portuguese full-auto AR10, C&R, unfired, w/ bipod
    4) Portuguese AR10 semi-auto, on Hahn rewelded lower
    5) Guatemalan AR10 semi-auto, on specialty Arms lower
    6) Sudanese AR10 semi-auto, scope-ready carry handle, on specialty Arms lower

2a60zly.jpg

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Whoa whoa whoa hold up. A FA AR10 as C&R.
    Tell me more.
    A C&R MG is still subject to the NFA. The benefits of it being C&R are as follows:
    1) Transfers directly to the C&R licence holder even from out of state. Still takes 10 months to transfer though.
    2) Can transport across state lines with no Fed paperwork.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A C&R MG is still subject to the NFA. The benefits of it being C&R are as follows:
    1) Transfers directly to the C&R licence holder even from out of state. Still takes 10 months to transfer though.
    2) Can transport across state lines with no Fed paperwork.
    Yeah - I knew about the direct transfer and state lines thing, it just never occurred to me that there'd be FA stuff on that list! :D

Mind. Blown.

How do they shoot?

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    The registry is full of C&R guns and more are becoming C&R every day. Anything 50 years old is C&R and the earliest M16s have joined the club.

The red thingys are blank fire adaptors. They are fairly easy to get for the Portuguese and Transitionals but scarce as heck for the Guatemalan and Sudanese AR10s.

The Portuguese AR10 MG is unfired and it would be a crime to fire it now. Eventually I will get one like it that has been fired. The Trantional MG will be shot by me some day, but not in the near future. The semi-autos shoot well and the heavier Portuguese is predictably mpore stable than the lighter (< 7lb) Sudanese.

Note the Sudanese has a scope ready upper. Meaning that the carry handle is from a thicker forging and is milled flat to mate with a special scope. See below the Sudanese with her scope, blank fire adaptor and bayo.

r2ubtu.jpg

And the Transitional MG is with its blank fire adaptor and bayo.
    mbkdi0.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom