300BLK SPR

39A9E1A4-4A1A-4D7E-AAAC-65322D197C47_zpsfuspcpzh.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Here's something I recently put together.

Complete Upper: White Oak Armament SPR 18", 1 in 7" 223 wylde.

Scope: Nikon M-223 3-12x with M223 base/mount with 20 MOA rail.

Lower: Stripped lower from PSA.
    Lower build kit from PSA.
    Magpul Miad Grip
    Magpul ACS Stock
    Trigger is a Geissle SSA two stage.

Bipod: Harris

Results: Only had it out twice now since getting it all setup. Once to get on paper and at 40 yards it was a single hole and it should be at that distance. Second time at the range after getting a feel for the reticle and my match handloads I was slapping around steel at 600 like a bully does on a playground. I will shoot it farther, I just haven't yet.

Pics:

I don't have a picture of the final coat of krylon that really blends in all the spots and makes it look like an actual camo that blends in. I'm happy with how the rifle has performed with reliability & accuracy. I'm mostly happy with the camo job, but I still wish there was a way to put mossy oak paint jobs on a rifle that was reasonably close to price of a few cans of krylon. Rifle has ran like a champ with the Kestral suppressor on it. So far mine hasn't blown up.

pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI
    Just wanted to share, won this upper in Stickman's Weapon Evolution giveaway.
    Didn't even know what was coming in the mail and was flabbergasted to see an entire upper when I opened the box.

16" midlength, 13" Alpha rail. I am really liking the way the rail feels. The machining makes it quite "grippy".

Troy Upper by Pyzik, on Flickr

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Here is my recently built AR Pistol. This is my first AR build and now I understand why this was a mistake... I am already collecting parts for another build!

Build:
    Anderson Upper and Lower
    CMMG mil-spec LPK
    Sig Brace
    KAK Pistol Buffer Tube
    Nickel Boron BCG
    BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle
    10.5" Barrel
    10" BCM Keymod Rail
    Noveske KX5 Flash Suppressor
    Magpul MBUIS
    Magpul MOE Grip

View attachment 35677

Now the question is... Optic????

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Didn't even know what was coming in the mail and was flabbergasted to see an entire upper when I opened the box.

16" midlength, 13" Alpha rail. I am really liking the way the rail feels. The machining makes it quite "grippy".

Looks nice. Good to see someone else who likes the Alpha rail. My 16" has one, and I'd like to change my SBR over to one.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood

Looks great. What type of mag is that?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Noveske gen2 lower with PSA LPK (will be ordering a timney competition 3lb trigger next week)
    Areo precision upper with a BCM BCG and BCM Gunfighter CH
    Magpul CTR and moe+ grip
    Ice Arms medium contour 1:8 mid-length bead blasted barrel with a Rainier Arms XTC comp
    Fortis REV 12 rail
    Primary Arms 1-6x illuminated second focal plane scope in PA mount
    Vickers blue force gear sling

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

I'm not trying to say magpuls are perfect or that they've never had a problem, but magpul's good enough that I don't see how anyone could benefit by buying any of these other new plastic mag manufacturers trying to jump on the bandwagon. I'm still running Gen1 Pmags, and a couple Gen 2's, no problems.

pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI
    I'm not trying to say magpuls are perfect or that they've never had a problem, but magpul's good enough that I don't see how anyone could benefit by buying any of these other new plastic mag manufacturers trying to jump on the bandwagon. I'm still running Gen1 Pmags, and a couple Gen 2's, no problems.
    I hear ya. Competition is usually a good thing though.

I plan on doing the exact same thing to a pmag this evening that I did to this mag to see if it fails.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom