T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    now i want to sell my handgaurd for this one
    I love the handguard. Unfortunately my paracord job on the buffer tube didn't turn out so well. I wrapped it somewhat loose and the charging handle hits it. So I had to wrap super tight to clear the handle. All better now.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    A few minor changes: ditched the Sig Brace and did some ParaCord work instead, added the Magpul Stealth Grey SL Handguards and K2 Grip, switched the Red-Dot for the Bushnell 1-4x24 Scope.

2611104.jpg

I want an SL handguard for my carbine. I have the old MOE on it, but the SL is longer and will allow me to move the vertical grip forward a bit more.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    How do you like the YHM QD brake?

Love the brake. When shooting in the open there is very little concussion felt by the shooter. When shooting under something or standing to the side, the blast is pretty bad. It does a great job keeping the muzzle flat though.

Don't care for the supplied shims so I've ordered a set from Gemtech that most YHM owners seem to prefer.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Love the brake. When shooting in the open there is very little concussion felt by the shooter. When shooting under something or standing to the side, the blast is pretty bad. It does a great job keeping the muzzle flat though.

Don't care for the supplied shims so I've ordered a set from Gemtech that most YHM owners seem to prefer.

Thanks for that! I've been considering a .308 bolt gun and plan to mount my existing YHM can on it. Not sold on the visual appearance of any of the recent YHM QD mounts (they even made the phantom look retarded), so wanted to make sure the brake was at least functional. Good tip on the shims.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Is that a BCM gunfighter CH? Wondering if PSA uses a propriety CH on their ar10

Yeah BCM mod3. Their LPK is proprietary to their lower. Uses an Armalite length buffer tube, standard AR-15 H buffer, 27 coil buffer spring. If using a Geissele or Rock River 2 stage trigger, you will have to grind a little off the hammer to get the bcg to clear the hammer.

Geissele will do it for free if you send it in to them and let them know it's going in a PSA lower.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What kind of handguard is that? Or is that just something woven through a normal handguard? Would love to have that on my AR if its a DIY thing.

It looks like they've woven some paracord through a few openings. It can increase grip, and there are a few examples in it being useful to provide a "sling" for the rifle when shooting through an opening. Not sure how stable it is, but could work in a pinch.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Might as well add my latest build.
    built from he ground up on a Black Rain Ordnance lower that I won in a store drawing :) That means I did this build for $600, not including scope or MBUS sights
    18" Odin Works DMR Barrel
    PSA kit parts
    topped with Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44
    This is my hunting rig, a bit heavy for run n' gun (but certainly not impossible)
    20150116_235521_zps8fofu27l.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom