Not open for further replies.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    IMAG0282.jpg

Heres a pic of the Scout mount, since I couldn't find a good one anywhere on Google. You can mount any gun light on it, but it's designed to mount the M600 Surefire directly without the adapter. Pretty slick setup.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    IMAG0282.jpg

Heres a pic of the Scout mount, since I couldn't find a good one anywhere on Google. You can mount any gun light on it, but it's designed to mount the M600 Surefire directly without the adapter. Pretty slick setup.

So it will mount any 1.00 inch diameter light directly or just the surefire?

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I know, I know... another carbine, but it's mine. DPMS upper and lower in 6.8mm. Still need to get the can for it.

IMG_0458.jpg

Sling

mh006t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    So should I save up and get a colt AR or is Bushmaster or Smith & Wesson just as good? Please help me decide on the best AR I can get for the money.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    So should I save up and get a colt AR or is Bushmaster or Smith & Wesson just as good? Please help me decide on the best AR I can get for the money.

If you are even considering a Colt, get the Colt. While the S&W is a good rifle, it is not a Colt. The BM isn't even close.

Colt Model 6720 Lightweight 16" Carbine

out of stock but can back order
    Colt Model 6920 M4 Carbine w/ 16" Barrel and Rogers Super Stock

or check at your local WalMart, some WM have the Colt 6920 for around $1100

Pic thread

P1160860.jpg

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    If you are even considering a Colt, get the Colt. While the S&W is a good rifle, it is not a Colt. The BM isn't even close.

out of stock but can back order
    Colt Model 6920 M4 Carbine w/ 16" Barrel and Rogers Super Stock

My LE6920 came with the Rogers SS and it's not bad. The internet talked me into thinking it was garbage so I bought a Magpul CTR. There isn't a nickels worth of difference between them, they are both great stocks.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Wow, what website said the Rogers was garbage? I bought one just because Colt decided it was good enough to put on their production guns... and it is!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just finished painting my PSA. I think I may need to add more green.
    AR014666-4.jpg

I really like the paint job you did on that. I'm curious on the technique you used. Did you happen to learn a technique from a youtube video that I could watch or did you just put a base coat on then start adding more colors from there. I really like seeing the camo patterns that were made to actually camo a gun and not just be a pretty fashion statement even though it still is.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I really like the paint job you did on that. I'm curious on the technique you used. Did you happen to learn a technique from a youtube video that I could watch or did you just put a base coat on then start adding more colors from there. I really like seeing the camo patterns that were made to actually camo a gun and not just be a pretty fashion statement even though it still is.

I just sprayed on a base coat of rustoleum taupe, then spotted and short striped khaki, OD, dark brown, and sage. I then lightly oversprayed with nutmeg to soften the different colors. It's not as light as it appears in the picture, but I'm still thinking of applying more OD at some point in time.

Next AR I build, I may use the sage as the base coat, but I will experiment on someting first to see if I get the effect I desire. I practice on ammo cans if I have them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom