One more of it,
    100_0720.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Just got this all back together today. Installed a Larue 7" rail, and Larue Urban Dark Earth furniture. Eotech 552 w/ GG&G covers and Larue throw mount. Surefire Scout, Matech BUIS, and Magpul ASAP. Played with a buddies RRA SBR today, and am really tempted to do a form 1 on this rifle, but it I really like it for now.
    DSC01293.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Why the pig?

I'm not jrainw, but my guess would be to direct the muzzle blast more forward than to the sides. This is what the piggy break is designed to do, and can be helpful on shorties. I'm sure he'll have more input into why he personally chose it.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I'm not jrainw, but my guess would be to direct the muzzle blast more forward than to the sides. This is what the piggy break is designed to do, and can be helpful on shorties. I'm sure he'll have more input into why he personally chose it.
    no offense, it's a waste of $...................ask me how i know:) I'm great at wasting my own.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County

The KX3 also helps some SBR's cycle more reliably by increasing the back pressure.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I got a few parts this weekend and slapped this one together for a couple pics. The lower/upper combo are not in my final build plan though. I'm going to transfer most of the parts over to a Noveske upper & lower. My Tan Magpul grip won't fit this Double Star lower. Ugh!

AR15_Car+001.jpg

AR15_Car+002.jpg

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    I got a few parts this weekend and slapped this one together for a couple pics. The lower/upper combo are not in my final build plan though. I'm going to transfer most of the parts over to a Noveske upper & lower. My Tan Magpul grip won't fit this Double Star lower. Ugh!

AR15_Car+001.jpg

AR15_Car+002.jpg

Is the lower too wide for the grip?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Yes, both of the Double Star lowers I bought are too wide. If the grip has some flex in it it'll bolt up fine. Everything else on the lowers was just fine and went together easily.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    The KX3(pig) worked as advertised for me. Without it the thing was extremely ammo sensitive and was driving me crazy. Since putting on the pig it will eat anything, the only malfunction lately has been due to a melted gas tube. I took it to a carbine class and it was 100%, and no one complained about the muzzle blast that was ferocious before. For a 10" barrel I would recommend it, anything longer should not need one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom