Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Just the 5.56 crew

attachment.php

Is the rifle on top an 18 inch barrel? and what hand guard length is that? I like it

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How do you like the set up with the 12 o'clock light and fixed front sight? I'm debating on moving to a similar arrangement, but seems like it really occludes the sight picture.
    Not sure about his setup but I have a 10.5" pistol with a tlr-1 light mounted forward at the 12:00 position like he has but I use 45* offset flip-up BUIS and I really like that setup. My RDS is setup about like he has and the light mounted in the 12:00 position just barely creeps up into the bottom portion of the sight picture but it's not obtrusive and when I'm focusing on target sighting it really fades out to the point that i'm almost unaware of it.

I realize his setup with the top mount fixed sights and everything is a bit different so I can't speak specifically on that but my alternative works really well for me.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Not sure about his setup but I have a 10.5" pistol with a tlr-1 light mounted forward at the 12:00 position like he has but I use 45* offset flip-up BUIS and I really like that setup. My RDS is setup about like he has and the light mounted in the 12:00 position just barely creeps up into the bottom portion of the sight picture but it's not obtrusive and when I'm focusing on target sighting it really fades out to the point that i'm almost unaware of it.

I realize his setup with the top mount fixed sights and everything is a bit different so I can't speak specifically on that but my alternative works really well for me.

Thanks! TLR-1 is what I plan to run as well. Looks like I just need to take it out and shoot it and see how I like it.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    How do you like the set up with the 12 o'clock light and fixed front sight? I'm debating on moving to a similar arrangement, but seems like it really occludes the sight picture.

I really like it. I have my KAC SR-15 setup the same way:

The light is easy to access regardless of which hand you are shooting with. And if you are pie'ing around a door or shooting from cover, you don't have to worry about which side the light is on. I'm slowly changing all of my AR's to it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Streamlight needs to make a front sight with a built in light for an AR15. They'd sell plenty!

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    OK, now I'm pissed. This is the first time I've seen this front sight, and it's already out of production. Looks like a very good way to mount your light to me.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    OK, now I'm pissed. This is the first time I've seen this front sight, and it's already out of production. Looks like a very good way to mount your light to me.

They were made for the x300, but IMO they work better with the Inforce... you have to remove the sight to change an x300's batteries; the Inforce can be rocked and twisted to the side and removed without messing with your zero. I think that issue was it's downfall. I bought two of them but when I tried to buy a 3rd I found they weren't on TangoDown's website and they were OOS everywhere.

More info: Military Morons

Here's a video that The Uzi Button shot of it paired with a CQBL-1. After watching this video I painted the inside flat black and it helped the splash quite a bit; it's still there but it's reduced.

[video=youtube_share;hu393sjVYDc]http://youtu.be/hu393sjVYDc[/video]

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    They were made for the x300, but IMO they work better with the Inforce... you have to remove the sight to change an x300's batteries; the Inforce can be rocked and twisted to the side and removed without messing with your zero. I think that issue was it's downfall. I bought two of them but when I tried to buy a 3rd I found they weren't on TangoDown's website and they were OOS everywhere.

:whistle:https://tangodown.com/shop/tangodowntm-light-portal-front-sight-ffa-02/:whistle:

Though the shape of the portal isnt as round and might cause a few issues.... but still would work good with the cqbl.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Interesting. That's designed for the XC1, not the X300. Wonder what the logic is in that? Not saying it's a bad thing, just that most folks use the X300 and not the much dimmer XC1.

Besides the XC1 being smaller I can see No true rationale behind that.

I am not a huge fan of the 12oclock, mainly because my hobby now is NV and I like to mount my lasers at the 12 oclock. Hence why I always put the white light at the 1 or 3 o'clock, with a pressure pad on the 12.

Now if only I could afford a MAWL. I am taking donations.

Pic thread - taken 30 seconds before I accidently kicked the safe door and the all tumbled to the floor
    12225E34-B583-4A71-83D5-A5F6799DC7B9_zpsg9tljram.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom