• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    brings back not so fond memories of cleaning my M-4, sandstorm, cleaning my M-4, sandstorm, cleaning my M-4.....you get the idea. The white # 459 brings back the memory of our rifle company. Our supply sergeant used red in the same fashion. My rifle's red looked pretty close to that after a year in the sandbox - not white, but faded pretty close. Nice piece of history you got there!!!

Thanks man, it sure does bring back some memories for sure

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2016
    Columbus
    My first AR

I know a lot of forums wont allow new people to upload photos but I figured I'd give it a try.
    This is my build so far. I have been wanting to build an AR for several years now but a coworker finally convinced me to start. I'll update with a parts list when it is complete.
    ARBuild.jpg

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    My "cheap Anderson build" turned not so cheap after all lol

ioosh3.jpg

nbzsyp.jpg

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    :+1: Jealous of the "Lights Out..." patch; I don't qualify for one. Do you recall which Butler Creek you have on your PVS, and does the pin hole help enough with close focus to make it worth it?

All you have to do for a lights out patch is take one of their training classes....

The Butler Creek is the 09A Size. You will need to add a small piece of electrical tape along the inside of it to get the proper fitting. It does work with the close focus. I gave it a whirl because for the max I would be out is 10 dollars instead of the 100 for a hoplite. For drilling the hole, I cant remember the size but I dont think it was recommended to not go higher then 5mm, so I would start small and work your way up and test (or find the arfcom thread that talks about it in detail). The only draw back is you are restricting most of the light coming in, so its best used in a place that has a lot of ambient light. So if its really dark, you will still have to manually focus.... I mainly use it so I don't have to use that stupid rubber one that you always worry about losing or Velcro-ing to the side.

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    All you have to do for a lights out patch is take one of their training classes....

The Butler Creek is the 09A Size. You will need to add a small piece of electrical tape along the inside of it to get the proper fitting. It does work with the close focus. I gave it a whirl because for the max I would be out is 10 dollars instead of the 100 for a hoplite. For drilling the hole, I cant remember the size but I dont think it was recommended to not go higher then 5mm, so I would start small and work your way up and test (or find the arfcom thread that talks about it in detail). The only draw back is you are restricting most of the light coming in, so its best used in a place that has a lot of ambient light. So if its really dark, you will still have to manually focus.... I mainly use it so I don't have to use that stupid rubber one that you always worry about losing or Velcro-ing to the side.

When I bought mine they told me you had to be .mil or LEO to get one... Thanks for the ButlerCreek info, I'll give it a try!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Larue stealth 18" barrel, geissele sd-e trigger, matched aero upper/lower, SMOS handguard, DD BCG, and a Surefire procomp.

Still waiting on my Sightron S-Tac 2.5-17.5 to ship.

I'm at 7.8lbs right now. Feels really well balanced. Not bad for an SPR. The goal was to have a really accurate rig that's not a beast to carry around. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out.

0efea49c9d6c523435dfe2c65ec09e55_zpse3uwgfga.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom